7

"Nicole. Nicole. Nicole. Nicole." I said loudly, watching her clench her first while her other hand held her phone to her ear.

"Shut up I'm on the phone!"

"Nicole!" I yelled.

"Sorry I've got to go." She said on the phone before turning around, "What?!"

"Come in here." I demanded.

She scoffed at me, "It's my last night here and you treat me like this?"

"Come in here, please." I said, but not really meaning the please part. I was nervous as hell and I just needed help.

She laughed, "Why are you dressed like that? What happened to the all black policy."

"Shut up. Do you know how to turn on the oven?" I asked, annoyed.

"You seriously just interrupted my phone call for this?"

"Be good and help your baby sister out, would you?" I snapped at her.

She rolled her eyes at me and walked inside the kitchen behind me.

I was wearing a light blue top and a white jean skirt. I figured I needed a change from my dark era, figured that Maya would have bullied me for dressing up like that anyway.

"There you go." she said after she pushed a hundred buttons and did whatever she did, "What are you baking? You barely know how to toast bread."

"None of your business." I snapped again.

She crossed her arms over her chest, eating an M&M that was on the table, "Did you go to Allie's after school? You arrived later than ever."

"Allie's not my friend anymore." I said simply.

"Aha, sure," Nicole said in a sarcastic way, watching me pour the cake mix into the strange cake mold.

She giggled as I spilled a bit on accident.

"We fought and now she hates me, so yeah, she's not my friend," I insisted, opening the oven and getting the cake mix inside.

She frowned, "And now you're back on wearing colors."

"Yeah." I said, not paying attention to her as I cleaned the spilled mix. Nicole watching my every movement. "You can go now."

"Where were you then." Nicole insisted, "I'm not stupid, I saw that car drop you off. And now you're baking..."

"Leave me alone."

"Did your new girlfriend drop you off?!"

"I really don't want to talk to you right now. Please leave. Thanks for helping with the oven, you can go now."

"Is she hot?"

"I'm going to tell Pete all about the time you peed over Santa Claus." I warned her.

"Rude," She said, leaving me alone finally.

I smiled feeling my cheeks blush at just the thought of ever calling Diane my girlfriend. - We weren't there yet, obviously and she said she needed to think about it, that she needed time to think. I knew she liked me back and I just hoped she wouldn't pull another 'you're my student' argument.

Nicole was leaving tomorrow morning and I figured I wanted to do this before she was gone. It was a little overwhelming but I knew I had to do it tonight.

------------

"I can't read it," my mother said, "What does it say?" She frowned, trying to figure it out by herself.