74

4 months later...
LOU'S POV:

I hate the summer. I hate July. I hate the heat. I hate it all.

"I love summer!" Nicole yelled, throwing water at me from the pool, while Sarah giggled beside her, splashing around.

I gasped, "Bitch, I have a book on my hands, be careful."

Was a calm afternoon too much to ask?

"Get in the pool!" Nicole said, enthusiastic.

I rolled my eyes, "Not in the mood."

"Come on! Our days are ending, our summer days." She said dramatically. Sometimes it was so weird to think that she was the older sister and sometimes behaved like a five year old.

"We have two more months of summer days and nights, Nic. Chill." I said.

"Summer days drifting away to uh, oh the summer nights!" Sarah sang, half tipsy, hugging Nicole from behind in the pool.

"Tell me more, tell me more," Nicole sang and turned around in Sarah's arms to kiss her.

"Ew. Get a room!" I said, covering my face with my book, and tried to not concentrate on the kissing sounds they were making.

I went back to my reading, but not for long before Nicole begged me to go grab her and Sarah some towels to dry off.

I went inside the house, grabbed the towels and then went back outside. Nicole was out of the pool now, shivering a bit, waiting for me to hand her her towel. After both morons had their towels, I grabbed my book and went upstairs.

Just a few days before I had gotten a new book, the one I was currently reading. The girl at the bookstore insisted it was great, that I had to give it a chance, and that I wasn't going to regret it. But as I kept reading... I started regretting it.

There was tension. Sexual tension. Sexual tension that was probably going to become romance. And I wanted nothing more but to slap Evelyn Hugo's face.

Somehow the whole forbidden thing between Celia and Evelyn was too familiar to me, and the fact that they had to hide their love and act as if they barely knew each other was definitely bugging me.

Evelyn was just like Diane, bold and confident, not to mention older. And I was Celia... kind of innocent, but gay as fuck.

Even if I wanted to keep reading because it was amazing, I had to put the book down for a second. Months had passed but the thought of her was still vivid in my head, the smell of her shampoo, the silly pet names she'd call me... it was all there.

I was still not over her, and I would probably never be over her.

Because, let's be honest: who would be over Diane? Ever?

Talking about her, like often, Diane's car parked outside my house. As I stared out the window, there was a little voice inside me to stop trying to catch a glimpse of her, but I also couldn't help but try to see just a bit of her face. Soon I saw Sarah approach the car, and then I watched as the car drove away.

I sat back on bed and silently yelled at myself for being so frail about Diane.

*