9

"Lou," Allie's hand caught my upper arm.

I bit my tongue turning to see her standing there. She had chosen to wear something less slutty-like and her face remained in this expression that I deduced was regret and guilt.

"What is it?" I asked her.

It was wednesday, and of course I had forgotten Allie and Franky would come back to school today, so I wasn't psychologically ready to have to deal with their faces. I was already tired of having to deal with everybody looking at me like I was a freak. I grabbed my copy of Wuthering Heights along with my books for Math and closed my locker firmly, not giving Allie the satisfaction of any eye contact.

"I'm really sorry, really." Allie said as she followed behind me like a lost puppy.

I stopped and looked her in the eye with the purpose of letting her know how angry I was, "I don't want to talk about this now. Or ever, for that matter." I said and started walking to the class I needed to be at.

"Laurie." She called, trying to grab my arm so I wouldn't keep walking away from her.

I stopped again, "Don't call me that, please." I said and walked away for good.

It was too early to deal with assholes like Allie. Sure she had been one of my dearest friends, but what she had done changed everything in our relationship. It not only hurt but now I knew I couldn't trust her again.

Perhaps I was being a massive bitch by ignoring her apologies, but I couldn't handle seeing her face because I knew what she had done. Maybe I was never going to know what it felt to be the third wheel in a friendship, but if that rage drove her to be so mean to me, then I'd rather never know.

Math class started and as weird as it sounded, I understood. Barely, but at least a little. It was the first week of October and of course that Mr. Murphy had put an extra effort on halloween decoration this year.

My mother had insisted and insisted for me to tell her about what Allie and Franky did, but as much as I was filled with hatred towards her, I wasn't capable of letting her know that she planted the idea inside of Allie's face when she went to look for me at their house.

Then Alex McLaren dropped a note on my desk, I frowned at him and then pointed at Allie a couple of seats behind our row. I rolled my eyes and muttered a thank you to Alex before grabbing the damn note.

i'm really sorry u have no idea how sorry i'm, let's talk this out pls.

I bit my lip but tossed the note away. Instead of concentrating on whatever was going on with those numbers in the whiteboard, now my mind was filled with thoughts about this damn note. Yes, I was beginning to overthink. Maybe I should speak to her, ask what the hell was she thinking when she did that.

And then a paper plane hit my head and as much as I felt sorry for Allie, now I was full of rage once again.

"What the hell, Allie?!" I stand up from my desk.

"Jensen. Sit down, now." Mr. Murphy ordered me.

Allie stood up, "It was my fault."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Aww, the d*kes are fighting!" Someone yelled across the room.

"Could you shut it for once?" I asked no one in particular, my tone firm and loud.

Mr. Murphy frowned at me and then at Allie, his face showed obvious anger, "Ayoub and Jensen, detention after class."

My jaw dropped, "It's not my fault she's been throwing papers at me the whole class!" I told Mr. Murphy pointing my index finger at my ex friend.