22

"I didn't know your brother liked Guns N' Roses." I said, looking back from the posters on the wall to Ashley, who was still standing by the doorway, staring at me as I observed her older brother's room.

She scoffed, "He's a big fan."

"Why are they not here?"

"My parents? Out of town for a friend's wedding. My brother goes to Yale, so he lives in New Haven now, that's why he's not here."

"And you're your own babysitter?" I teased, watching her roll her eyes at me but smile.

"You could say that, yes."

My phone buzzed. I took it off my pocket, and read a text from Diane; What do you say, McLaren? Wanna meet up? Ps: if you know a Laura Jensen, tell her I want my shirt back.

I suppressed a little giggle at the message, thinking of how those words would sound out of her mouth. Her voice would be teasing, seductive even and I wouldn't be able to not kiss her. It was ironic I was wearing that shirt right now, and I was so glad that after being washed it still smelt like Diane. But I was with Ashley now, and even if the craving of Diane was stronger than I was, I was a trying my best not to let it win.

"Who's texting you?" Ashley interrupted my thoughts all of the sudden.

I smiled and put my phone back into my back pocket, "Just a friend. What was your brother's name?" I asked, changing the conversation for my sake.

Ashley finally walked a few steps in the room, she was wearing tight leggings, the ones to workout, and she was wearing a sports bra, her hair was in a ponytail and she was still a little sweaty from her workout routine that I interrupted by coming by earlier than expected.

"His name's Aaron."

Aaron.

My smile quickly vanished and I was sure she noticed, but soon enough I could play it cool and keep looking through his room. Ashley's brother's name was Aaron. God, the universe was trying their best to make me think of Diane.

"I was thinking we could watch a movie or something?" Ashley interrupted my thoughts again.

I turned around to find her in the same spot she was just a few seconds ago, she had been staring at me, "Yeah sure, have you watched Xanadu?"

Ashley giggled, "No, that's and odd name."

Odd. A lot of things were odd.

"It's so good. Maybe we can find it online, I'm sure you'll like it if you like musicals."

She shook her head no, "Sorry, you'll have to pick something else."

"What?! You don't like musicals? Who are you! Why are you this way!" I teased Ashley as we both stepped out of her brother's bedroom.

We walked trough the corridor to her bedroom and there I sat on her bed and she excused herself and proceeded to take a shower and change her clothes. I could notice she felt awfully awkward in her sporty outfit and she probably wanted to 'look good' for me. Or maybe she just rather feel more confident.

I waited and saw her come back into the room after ten minutes. She was in a fluffy white robe with her hair damp and her cheeks were redder. "Sorry for taking so long," She apologized.

I snorted, "I don't mind. My sister takes longer in the shower than you."

"Would you mind looking away?" Ashley asked me with that nice face of hers, starting to get rid of the knot of her robe so she could dress.

I nodded and looked the other way, staring straight into the wall that had pictures of her and who I thought was Nadia Saint-Clair, a very pretty girl that had changed schools last year. And to my surprise I saw a photo I hadn't seen before the last time I was here; It was one of herself and Maya.