28

LOU'S POV

My alarm woke me up that morning instead of the neighbor's dog barking, it was still dark outside, but there were no clouds, so I figured it would be a sunny day free from thunderstorms. Last night I had a hard time falling asleep, mainly because of the thunder striking and the fact that nobody was there to hold me, but at least I could find comfort on the thought of Diane caressing my skin like she had done in our little trip.

My smile grew bigger at the thought of her and the craving I had to spend some time alone with her. I missed her voice whispering in my ear, and her hands holding me tight against her warm body. I missed everything about her, but still I was overwhelmed that maybe I was blind by all my feelings for her, and I couldn't realize I was suffocating her, just like she was afraid of suffocating me.

The smile faded, of course, due to the overthinking. I managed to get ready for school and get out of the house, but managing to survive became harder when I couldn't find her smile in the corridors. She hadn't text me good morning, just a good night when I was going to bed, but that had been eleven hours ago. I sighed.

I opened my locker as I did every morning and found a note, Can we meet in the parking lot after school? It wasn't signed, and it wasn't Diane's handwriting, so I made a mental note to throw that note to the garbage when I had the chance.

There was no trace of her yet by the middle of the school day, and knowing I could wait until my class with her, I decided not to wait. After knocking on the teacher's lounge and waiting a couple minutes, Mrs. Garcia, or as she liked to call her, Miss Patty, because it made her feel younger.

"Oh hi little Jensen."

I blushed to her pet name.

"What can I do for you?" She asked nicely.

"Hi, uh, I was wondering if Miss Williams was here? I've been looking for her," I said, feeling immediately less worried when she showed me a kind smile.

She sighed, "I'm sorry, but she's not here. I'm the one covering her class with you today, is there anything I could help you with?"

"Oh no, it's okay. Do you happen to know why she's not here?" I asked, playing with my bracelet but keeping my eyes on Mrs. Garcia as she again showed a kind expression to me.

"She called in sick, I guess she caught a cold with the thunderstorm," She said kindly, "I will let her know you came looking for her, okay?"

"Okay, thank you." I gave her a slight nod and a lip-closed smile.

Miss Patty closed the door after muttering a goodbye to me and I was left confused. She would have told me if she was sick. Again my over thinker brain thought maybe she was mad at me for being weird with her yesterday, or maybe she received some bad news about something... or maybe something happened to her sister or dad, or maybe her mom tried to contact her after all these years.... or maybe Sarah was being a pain in the ass. I had no idea.

I walked through the corridor after leaving the teacher's lounge, and to my surprise Allie stopped me in my tracks. She grabbed me by the arm and pushed me to the point that my back was against the wall, but in a gentle way, not like she was about to beat the shit out of me, "Lou."

She was wearing revealing clothing as she had been since the beginning of the school year, not that I was against it, everybody could do whatever they wanted with their bodies, but she had become the queen of violating the dress code.

I groaned, "What is it now? Why won't you leave me alone, dammit!" I sighed, trying to set my arm free from her grip, but it remained strong, yet gentle.