10

I flopped on top of Nicole roommate's bed, grunting at how comfortable it was, "I want to be an adult and live in a dorm like this," I say out loud.

Nicole's roommate, Sarah, laughs and Nicole rolls her eyes at me, throwing me a random sock that smelled like death. I squealed and threw it back at her, giggling at her disgusted face.

"You're basically an adult anyway," Nicole said, taking a sip of her water bottle before leaving it on her nightstand.

It was my first time in Nicole's dorm and it was more spacious than I expected. After a long and horrible week at school and dealing with my mother, I needed to distract myself even if that meant visiting my sister with the only purpose to annoy her.

Sarah sits next to me in Nicole's bed as we both watch Nicole order stuff around. Sarah's part of the room was impeccable, while Nicole's was messy and untidy, "Why are you here anyway, you could have told me before appearing like a fairy godmother."

"Mom drove me actually, she thinks it could be good for us to spend time together because you're heterosexual."

Sarah shook her head, "Nicky is not heterosexual."

"Yes she is," I say, looking at Sarah's smirk turn into a devilish one.

"She kissed me the other day," Sarah accused.

"I thought she was Pete," Nicole defended herself.

"How?!" I laughed at my older sister.

Nicole grunted, "I was drunk, okay? I was drunk and needy and I miss my boyfriend."

Right, Pete. I had forgotten they decided to start dating. I rolled my eyes at Nicole.

"It would be easier if you were a lesbian, that way mom wouldn't have another choice but accept us both." I shrug.

Sarah's phone started ringing and she excused herself to answer, "Hey!" She replied on the phone as she made her way out of the room.

I looked at Nicole, "I can leave if you want me to," I say.

"It's okay, as long as you don't bully me. Sarah does that enough, I don't need you following her lead," Nicole said, tying her hair in a high ponytail.

"How's school?" Nicole asked me.

I let out a breath, "We were getting along, why did you have to bring that up?"

Nicole sat down next to me and made eye contact, she raised her eyebrows, obviously expecting an answer from my pretty little mouth.

"Mr. Murphy is still a jerk if that's what you're asking." I reply and look away. Sarah has some nice posters around her part of the room and it makes me wonder why her obsession with Cate Blanchett.

Nicole shoves me playfully to catch my attention, "Is Allie bothering you?"

"I am the certified d*ke of Maine West High School!" I say with my arms opened as I stand up and show fake excitement for it, "Everybody stares at me, calls me names, even the teachers... which is exhausting. Fucking exhausting, Nick. It's so exhausting I want to scream."

"Lou..." Nicole said, her eyebrows furrowing and her blue eyes looking at me with pity, "Come here," She instructed, standing up from Sarah's bed and pushing me into a hug.

I hugged her back and closed my eyes, "I feel so so lonely you have no idea."

Nicole held me while I sobbed in her shoulder like my life depended on it. I felt stupid for pushing Diane away. And I was confused about the situation with Allie, it hurt so much what she did to me but I also wished I had a friend for a second. I couldn't rely on Nicole for the rest of my life, she was molding her own life and having an annoying little sister begging for attention wasn't going to help.