50

LOU'S POV:

I woke up with a caress of Diane's hand on the top of my head, just playing with my hair. I had missed her last night when we slept in different beds, but I loved that she went to my bed to wake me up.

We both said our good mornings and then suddenly I had her on top of me kissing my lips slowly and sweetly. Diane started to get hungrier for me and she seemed desperate to have me, but she pulled away awkwardly when I tried to get her off her pajama shorts.

She looked like she felt invaded.

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking up at her.

She was ignoring making eye contact with me. She had been sitting at the edge of the bed for about five silent minutes, both feet on the floor, her hands resting on her knees meanwhile she looked down to her lap deep in thought.

"Hm?"

"Are you alright?" I asked, raising my voice a bit, and I sat up slowly.

She nodded, and looked down at me with what seemed like an apologetic smile.

"It's okay if you're not in the mood, I'm sorry if I upset you." I said, feeling a bit guilty.

Diane shook her head no quickly and leaned to peck my lips. She held my face with both her palms and she kissed my forehead, "It's not that, baby." she said sweetly, "you didn't upset me."

"What is it then?"

"I... It's..."

"Breakfast is ready!" Sophie's voice called and soon a loud knock on the door startled us.

*

DIANE'S POV:

I was gonna tell her, just a few moments ago before Sophie called us to eat breakfast.

I had to tell her.

I was extremely grateful we slept in separate beds last night because I wouldn't have wanted her to have to wake up to me having a hot flush. I spent at least an hour crying in the bathroom downstairs, trying to get a hold on the temperature of my body but nothing seemed to help.

I even stood in front of the open freezer, but when it started beeping I had to go back to laying a damp towel on my back, thighs and forehead.

Lou was looking at me with confusion and sadness in her eyes, as if I didn't want her to touch me, which wasn't the case because I wanted her to touch me, I wanted her to kiss me and make me feel loved, but the constant reminder was killing me.

I had to do something about it. I was telling Lou, soon. When? Maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow morning. I wasn't sure.

"These eggs are great," Lou told my sister.

I cringed.

Christopher took off early to go to work this morning, he was a talented architect, and thanks to that we didn't have to see his presence in the house until later today.

Soph smiled gratefully, "I'm glad you like them. Does DeeDee make you breakfast?"

"Sometimes," Lou chuckled, "She's not that into breakfast."

"Does she still suck at cooking?" Sophie asked with a smirk I knew too well, the smirk that showed she was ready to bully me.

"She does a pretty good pasta." Lou shrugged her shoulders, "But not very good chicken."

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, "Thank you honey," I said sarcastically.

Sophie and Laura laughed at my annoyance. And again I felt like crying for absolutely nothing.