66

LOU'S POV:

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

The clock kept ticking and ticking, and Nicole had already been standing in my room in silence for about ten silent minutes, just breathing. I had a book open on my lap, and my eyes kept fighting to stay open.

"You enjoyed your New Years?" She asked out of the blue.

"I did." I said, yawning. I had had a long night, and the awkward silence was making me want to nap so bad.

I couldn't fall asleep all night, and when I did I woke up half hour later and couldn't fall asleep again. Maybe Diane's devilish hormones were contagious through oral sex. The point is that: I couldn't sleep.

Nicole snorted, "You sure you enjoyed it? You look like you were just chased by some feral animal."

"I kind of was. I swear Diane has so much stamina, it's crazy." I closed my eyes.

"Ew." She shook her head and took a sit on the feet of my bed, "I didn't need to know you had a sexual life." Nicole said, with a disgusted expression on her face.

I giggled, "You asked." I shrugged my shoulders and tried to come back to my reading, but of course I was going to fall asleep.

Nicole took off her hideous slippers and climbed in bed to spoon me from behind. I was caught off guard by this sudden gesture, because I hadn't cuddled up with my sister in years, maybe the last time was when we were children and she still hadn't grown boobs.

Nicole cuddled closer to me, "Has Diane mentioned Sarah?"

"Not really, no." I replied, "I mean I only knew she went with her to Boston to get something important." I said, and closed the book, watching it fall onto the ground from the corner of my eye.

"Important for what?" Nicole asked, her voice sounded sleepy, maybe just tired.

"Important for Diane." I rolled my eyes. I was not gonna give her any details.

My sister let her forehead rest against one of my shoulders and sighed, "Does Diane make you happy?"

"She does. Why?" I asked.

Nicole shifted a bit on her position and then she let go of a breath, "I just want to be happy, that's all. I'm... glad you have her, that you have someone that makes you happy."

I closed my eyes and let myself relax onto my sister's embrace.

"Does Sarah do that for you? Make you happy...?"

"She does, I think she does. I don't know. I'm probably never going to find out."

I wanted to tell her to be patient, to work on herself, to try to make things right whatever the situation was. But I was silent. And soon the silence turned into more silence, and the day turned into night.

And I remained quiet.

*

DIANE'S POV:

It smelled like cheap perfume. A lot of it.

I cracked my neck a couple times and took a deep breath. I could hear the music coming from the club, I could hear all those men praising beautiful women, and I could also feel how those women were interested in their wallets, not their dicks.

Then the door opened slowly, and just who I wanted in there walked in. She didn't meet my gaze yet, she got distracted by closing the door and then walking over to take off her silky see-through robe.