31

TW: mention of blood

DIANE'S POV

I gasped, "Did you hit your head?" I asked worriedly, kneeling down on the floor to help her out. I was still naked under my robe, and she was lying on the floor.

Lou shook her head just slightly, "My arm hurts," She said, trying to move her arm but wincing at the pain.

I tried helping her to sit up, "Did you fall on your arm?"

"Mhmm," She nodded her head and grunted at the pain again.

I let out a breath, "You must have broken it."

Lou ignored me, "I'm okay."

"We'll have to go check it out." I interrupted her.

She shook her head no, "I'm alright, really," She said, but her voice said otherwise, because she sounded so small and so breakable, yet that could also be my fault for ignoring her just a few moments earlier.

Her eyes were ignoring mine meanwhile I helped her on her feet, again she winced, having to hold her arm in place against her torso. I casually looked down and noticed one of her knees had a small wound with fresh blood. Of course she was wearing ripped jeans.

I helped her to the living room couch and then hurried to the kitchen to get some ice from the fridge.

When I came back I saw a tear running down her cheek, "Does it hurt that bad?" I asked, feeling guilty, like it was my fault she got hurt. After all, I did leave all the boxes in the middle of the way out.

I frowned, worried, looking down to her, watching her angel face in pain.

"Mhmm," She replied and closed her eyes, pursing her lips together. I raised her injured arm just a bit to put the bag of ice on it, and I had to deal with a yelp coming from her.

"There. The ice will help, uh, I'll go change real quick and then we'll go to the hospital, okay?"

"No, Diane." She said, opening her eyes to meet mine, "What are we gonna say? They're gonna call my mom, they can't know about us."

"Shh, it will be fine."

"Just give me a pain killer."

"Laura, for Gods sakes, you broke your damn arm, we're going to the doctor."

"If we lie, they'll find out."

"We'll explain, Lou. We'll say I saw you fall on the street and helped you."

"School hours don't end until two thirty, just give me a painkiller!"

"Fine, I'll give you a pain killer and when it's two thirty we'll go to the hospital."

"Thank you," She sighed, relieved, "I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I shouldn't have left all those boxes out there."

"I didn't mean about that. I'm really sorry."

I didn't want to hear about her kissing someone else that wasn't me, and of course she was still pissed at me for considering leaving town, well not considering, but almost doing so.

I was mad at her, I was, but I had to put that rage and jealousy aside for me to focus on her. Her health was more important than anything else.

"Let's not talk about that now. Lou, your knee is bleeding,"

"Leave it like that. They'll ask how you cured it in a car while driving, so just leave it like that."

"Fuck, you're right. I'll get that painkiller for you, uh... maybe you would be more comfortable resting in bed than in here?"