77

Before you start reading, I just wanted to thank you all for your views, your votes, your comments and for just reading this messy but gay story. I'm super thankful and hopefully you enjoy this chapter :)

*

DIANE'S POV:

I dressed up in a white summer dress. I figured this was casual and relaxed, that I didn't need everything to be perfect. I even put little makeup, well, I barely even got time to do my makeup since I had to clean up and plan what I was doing tonight before Lou came over.

I was nervous.

Lou always made me a tiny bit nervous, but it was driving me insane. Tonight could be a new beginning for us or our last goodbye.

I had been up since six am, just standing in the middle of my living room, thinking of all the possible scenarios for tonight. Thinking of what could go wrong.

As I fought against a piece of salmon, I got a text from Lou; On my way!

I was attempting at cooking sushi. It took me at least an hour to figure out the rice, and now that I was finishing the rolls, I was even more freaked out. What if I was an awful cook after all?

I thought of sushi because of that one time we had sushi... as if it was some sort of 'inside joke', as if it was a 'Lou and Diane kind of thing'.

I checked if there was anything missing in the table. I had set everything up in the living room, just like that one time that we had sushi at that exact place.

I wondered what Lou was wearing, or if she was as nervous for tonight as I was.

Was she excited?

*

"Do you have anything in mind after you finish high school?"

"I'm probably gonna major in English." Lou said as she took another bite of sushi.

I smiled spontaneously. I had barely touched my plate.

She had arrived about half an hour ago. I was still startled from the accident peck on the lips we had as a greeting.

She chuckled, "I don't know if I wanna become a teacher like you, maybe I'll just major in English and then write some sappy book that two people will read."

I rolled my eyes, "I doubt two people would read it."

"Yeah, you're right. I'm probably never even gonna get published." She shrugged her shoulders.

I shook my head, "I didn't mean it like that... I meant that I'm sure it will be way more than just two people. You've shown me some of your poetry, you're really good, Lou."

"You only say that because you're.... you're you."

Right. I'm me. Diane. Not her girlfriend, not her lover, not her significant other. Barely a friend.

I ran a hand through my hair and made eye contact with the brunette, "I say it as someone who has majored in English, and who has read a lot of books. You do have talent." I insisted, and took a sip of my water.

She looked away, embarrassed by my compliment. She blushed just a bit and smiled in a cute way.

"You haven't eaten anything." She said.

"Oh, I'm just testing if it's good. You know, studying your expressions, making sure you don't get food poisoned." I joked.

She chuckled, "It's really good. I can't believe you actually made this."