25

enjoy this little update! its trash, i know... sadly i don't think i'll post another chapter this week because im finally visiting my friends!! so excited. hopefully you enjoy and i would love to hear your thoughts.
—————-

I saw your teacher the other day." Nicole said, as she took another bite of her spaghetti.

Mom was out working at the hospital and of course she had called Nicole to be my babysitter. I ate and frowned at her comment.

"Which one?" I said and took a bite of my plate as well.

Nicole swallowed and took a sip of water, "Diane. I mean, Miss Williams."

I almost spit my food at the mention of her name and a little flashback of what she was doing to me just a few hours ago flashed through my mind.

"Wow. You okay?" Nicole asked as I coughed.

I nodded, my cough calming down, "I'm fine, I'm fine." I drank some water, "Where did you see her?"

Nicole gave a weird look, "Oh my God. You have a crush on her."

My eyes widened and I forced a laugh, "Why do you think that?!"

"Because! Look at you, blushin'. I mention her and you almost choke on your food, you're nervous and you literally got sweaty hands." She gestured to me.

I punched her arm playfully, "I don't have sweaty hands!"

"You do, you just wiped your hands on your jeans." Nicole said, letting out a laugh.

I rolled my eyes, "Fuck you."

"You totally have a crush on her." My sister repeated.

"I do not. End of discussion." I said with a grumpy tone and kept eating my food, hoping the blush had vanished by now.

Nicole giggled and bit her lower lip, "Aw, you like Miss Williams! You have a crush on your teacher!"

"I said; end of discussion, Nicky." I spoke with a full mouth and watched her cringe.

Nicole finished her plate and took it to the dishwasher, "She had gone out with Sarah for drinks and brought her back home, that's when we talked a bit. She seems very fond of you."

Very fond of me. Oh, if only she knew.

I hid my smile as I kept chewing, hoping this time Nicole wouldn't say anything that would make me choke again.

I sensed Diane was still overwhelmed by what she told me, the whole 'I don't want to be a burden' crap. I understood the fear of getting caught and the struggle of not being able to act like a normal couple, but I still couldn't bear the thought of her getting away for our safety. I knew she would be capable of doing so, getting rid of me for mutual benefit, but I couldn't even imagine of the pain that would be.

I mean, I had an idea... after all so many people have gone away from my life, but I didn't want Diane to be part of them.

I kept repeating in my head that I had to try and be more cautious, try to remain serious at the mention of her name and act with more distance towards Diane when we were in a dangerous environment for us.

I missed the feeling of our tangled feet trying to keep each other warm, the smell of her hair and her hair getting everywhere in my face.

"Sarah told me she still has a bit of feelings for her."

"Huh?" I needed her to repeat that.

"Sarah... she told me she still feels something for Diane."