55

DIANE'S POV:

"Is she here?"

"She's here." Nicole nodded her head, but put her finger in between her lips as I sign that I had to stay silent, before opening the door all the way.

She was there, she had fallen asleep on Nicole's bed. Sarah wasn't there. I couldn't help but smile at the adorable sight.

"I'm going to the library to do some research. If I see Sarah I'll tell her to leave you alone for a while." Nicole said, her voice was gentle and low, making sure not to wake up Lou.

I mumbled an 'Ok', and then Nicole was out the room, and I was alone with Laura. She slept peacefully in fetal position, her back was to me. As much as I wanted to wake her up and see her eyes and her smile, I was going to let her rest.

She looked so serene in her sleep.

I took off my fake leather jacket (Sarah's gift for my birthday a year ago), got rid of my shoes and got in bed slowly, spooning her from behind.

I inhaled on the scent of her hair shampoo and closed my eyes. Lou stirred a bit but kept sleeping and didn't seem to get bothered by the hand I had on her midsection.

It was heaven every time I was with her.

"It's you, isn't it?" Her sleepy voice said.

I giggled and kissed the top of her head, "It's me. Go back to sleep."

Lou turned around and faced me, her eyes barely open and a slight smile played on her lips.

"Hi." She whispered, looking up at my face.

I snuggled closer if possible, "Hey."

"I was dreaming of you." Lou said sleepily and yawned, one of her hands playing with the fabric of my blouse.

I kissed her forehead, "What about me?"

"We were on a picnic, alone. And there was a lot of wind, and green trees, and you were braiding my hair..."

"That sounds nice." I held her close to me, "I missed you."

Lou nuzzled her nose to my chest, "So did I."

In less than five minutes, Lou was back to sleep on my chest. I held her close and I just overthought everything that had happened since Monday.

Today was Wednesday, and I hadn't caught a glimpse of Laura during the whole week. Sure she was supposed to be in my class,  but Mr. Garner moved her to another elective for the rest of high school.

Mrs. Ayoub (AKA: Allie's mother who saw me on the dance floor with my gorgeous girlfriend) wanted the school to do something about 'the issue'.

Turns out Megan (Sarah's new sister in law) was related to Allison's family, that is how we all ended up in the same place, at the same time.

Of course Garner's first idea was to fire me or change me to another class, but instead they ended up changing Lou to another class. It was absolutely ridiculous.

During the week I couldn't see her outside school or take her to my place after school, because what Mr. Garner also did was put cameras in the parking lot... that creative bastard. I hadn't seen her ever since we had to lie to protect ourselves.

It surprised me how fast I had fallen for Laura, and how the instant connection was there ever since I looked at her in the eyes. It was like she had a comforting vibe that I couldn't get enough of.

As she kept breathing calmly in my arms I fell in a slumber as well.

*