32

LOU'S POV

"I think she's extra nice." Nicole spoke her thoughts, looking at me from her sitting spot on the couch of our living room. She had come visit me after she found out about my arm. I couldn't look at her in the eye for more than three seconds because I had fear all over me, like a knot around my heart.

My sister wasn't stupid, so of course she meant something when she said that making an emphasis at the word 'extra', and since she showed up at Diane's instead of Sarah, my mind has been overthinking whether she saw me or not while I hid.

"Yeah! Maybe you're her favorite student," My mom nodded, taking a sip from her herbal tea. She looked at me with a smile on her eyes, but Nicole kept staring with more than a smile, but an accusing expression. "I wish I had a teacher like that when I was young."

"Yeah..." I sighed, maybe a little too dramatic because my mother's attention was on me almost instantly, "Mom, can I get a glass of water, please?" I asked her from my spot on a sofa near enough my sister, "The painkiller hasn't kicked in yet, I really don't wanna move."

"Of course BooBoo."

I rolled my eyes at the nickname, and watched her stand from her seat to the kitchen.

Nicole kept looking at me, "Would you stop?!" I snapped.

"Stop what?" She raised an eyebrow and brushed a couple dark brown hairs off her face.

"That look. You've been staring at me like this was a staring contest or some shit," I said, letting out a small grunt of annoyance.

She scoffed, "Oh, I'm the one acting unusual, huh?"

"I never said that, I'm just saying, stop looking at me like that." I said. Nicole used to stare at me like that when we were kids and I had done something to piss her off, like eating the last piece of pie, or forgotten to wake her up in the morning when our mom asked me to.

"Ah, but it doesn't bother you when Diane stares at you like this, does it?" She crossed her arms over her chest and kept staring challenge-like.

My throat had gone dry and my stomach dropped, she knew. You could smell the panic in me, "I don't know what you're talking about," I said, looking down at my cast that had a blue smiley face drawn by Diane herself.

I scratched the cast with one of my short fingernails, because as always I would find something to fiddle with when I found myself in trouble. I couldn't possibly understand why she would be mad at me for having an affair with my teacher, even though I wasn't going to acknowledge it to her face anytime soon for my sake and Diane's.

"You do." She accused before we both fell silent when my mom came back with a glass of water for me, just in time. My mom walked towards me and gave me the glass, a small smile on her lips the whole time, muttering a small here you go.

With a nod and a small thanks I grabbed the glass from her warm hands and kissed her cheek after she kissed mine. I took a deep breath and drunk half my glass while Nicole kept staring at me. I didn't know for sure if she knew about me and Diane, or if she was harassing me for having a 'crush' on her, maybe this was related to Sarah, or she was mad at Diane for some reason.

Nicole stood up from her seat, "We should get going," My older sister spoke.

My mom nodded at her and then directed my gaze towards me, "Are you sure you'll manage by yourself?" Her voice was sweet, and her body language showed worry as approached and kissed my forehead.

I tried not to roll my eyes, "Yes, and if I need help I call any of you." My panic decreased, knowing my sister would go away and I could manage some plan or excuse for her not to think I was fucking Diane.