hot

"What about you?"

"What about me?" you smirk, turning towards Harry. He rolls his eyes.

It had started off as a fun Truth or Dare game, but eventually Nikki got tired of the ridiculous dares the boys were assigning, and it just became a game of questions. Harry, being the music-obsessed boy he is, happened to ask his twin a question: "What song reminds you of your girlfriend?"

He had turned the attention to you. Tom was sitting across the room, an odd occurrence considering you and him were connected at the hip. Tonight, however, you wanted to sit with Paddy and Tessa, seeing as you missed one of his rugby games last week. He didn't mind, but it bummed you out because you considered yourself his number one supporter. His "sideline cheerleader" as Harrison put it.

"What song reminds you of Tom?"

"I mean," you thought for a few seconds before mustering up a laugh. "Like, can you be more specific?"

Harry rolled his eyes again, and you saw Nikki take another sip of wine. "What song reminds you of your feelings for Tom?"

You nodded, going back into thought. "I'd like to say... probably "Hot" by Avril Lavigne." You laughed, and Tom's eyes were wide at the title, though you doubted any of them had actually heard the song. You were glad for the anonymity.

"I don't think I've ever heard it," Harry pouted.

"Yeah me either, mate," Harrison laughed. You joined, patting your thighs before excusing yourself to the bathroom.

"Why don't you play it on spotify or something," Paddy suggested. "We can get the jist."
"Yeah, alright," Harry typed away, the music playing through the speakers. You heard the music all the way from the bathroom, and you rushed out as quickly as you could, making it back in time to catch the last verse.

Harry was cackling from his chair, slapping his knee repeatedly as Harrison and Tom made eye contact, mouths ajar. You couldn't bear to look at Nikki or Dominic, mentally slapping yourself as "you make me hot, you make me wanna drop," rang through the house, echoing in practically everyone's ears.

When the song ended, you avoided eye contact, fiddling with your fingers as Tom made his way over to you.

"Well, well," his hands found your waist, holding you close.

"Wasn't expecting that from you, L/N!" Harry snickered with Harrison, the two of them mumbling things to each other.

"Ugh," you looked at Tom. "Now your parents think I'm some sex addict freak who thinks weird things of her boyfriend." Your hand was moving up to rub at your face, but Tom caught it short, objecting.

"Hey," he laughed. "You know they don't."

"Yeah sure."

"Well even if they do," he wrapped your arms around himself, hoping you'd get the message. "I thought it was sweet."

"Sweet?" You repeated, looking at him as if he just said he wasn't British.

"Well, maybe sexy, but that's not the point."

You laughed, embarrassed. Your palms were still sweaty, heart still racing, but here, with Tom beside you, you knew you'd be alright.

"I think it was more hot than sexy, though."

"Shut up Thomas!"