boyfriends and brunch

warnings : none??

summary : jade brings home her boyfriend

word count : 300

(requested) i think it's shitty but enjoy

Tom was in the kitchen making tea when you and him heard the front door open and close. Expecting Jade, you called out to her before she ran upstairs to do something typical of a high schooler. 

"G?" you hollered, glancing to Tom with a grin. "You home?"

Coming through the swing door, she stood by the door frame. "Actually I have someone I want you to meet."

"Someone?" Tom questioned, putting the kettle down. 

"My.. boyfriend."

"A gentleman, now-"

"I am so unprepared for this," Tom cut you off, hands rubbing at his face as he groaned. "Red just moved out for college and now Jade is bringing home boys," he walked into your embrace. "Someone send me back to the past." 

"It's back to the future, dad." 

"I know," he turned around to stand next to you, his arm going around your waist as he nodded off to Jade. "Go ahead, 'm ready."

"Okay," she whispered spinning around to open the swing door to whoever was waiting. 

"Mum, dad.. I want you to meet-"

"Ollie?" Tom shrieked. "You're dating Harrison's so-!"

"I knew it!" Your hands were in celebratory fists by your face, a smile fitted onto it. "I was always rooting for you two! 

Tom, mouth agape and eyes wide, glanced to you like you had just killed someone. "What? 

You shrugged your shoulders, "It was so obvious. Miranda and I always took guesses at how long it would take before the tension broke." 

"My mom?" Ollie spoke up. 

You nodded, motioning them over. 

"It's nice to meet you," you shook his hand, a playful smile on his face 

"Mum," Jade groaned. 

"What? I've met Ollie, my almost-nephew, but I have never met Ollie, your boyfriend."  

She bashfully grinned, a blush on her face, and Ollie's hand went to the small of her back as they looked to Tom, who was quiet for the most part. 

"Uhm," he scratched his neck. "It's really nice to, uh- meet you- erhm I.. see.. you?" 

You rolled your eyes, mentally slapping yourself in the face. "Tommy why don't you make us all a cup?" 

"Yeah," he mumbled, scurrying off to another part of the kitchen. 

"Join us for brunch?" you smiled, the teens smiling gratefully, taking their seats.