be alright

warnings : cursing, angst (happy endings, guys!!)

summary : reader and peter are going through a rough patch (arguments), peter tries to fix things

word count : 1600

note : reader and peter are both in college (+18)

"Why the fuck would you do that, Peter?" Y/N screamed, following him into the Avenger's kitchen with wild hand gestures. "You're barely even 18 and you're risking your life to live up to this 'Spiderman image' that you have in your head! You could have fucking died! What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I need to do my job! We've been over this, Y/N, I'm Spiderman! I risk my life for a living!"

"No, you don't! Spiderman shouldn't be consuming your entire fucking life, Peter! If that's what you 'do for a living' then why are you going to college?"

"Look, Y/N. I know you love me, but we've been over this so many times. I'm working for Mr. Stark, I need to be smarter to keep up! Being an Avenger and risking my life is all part of the job!"

"Why can't somebody else risk their life for a change?! It's always you, time and time again you almost die because its 'your job.' And you know? It's starting be a really lame fucking excuse," Y/N fumed, rage radiating off of her.

"It's not an excuse! It's the reason, the explanation! Don't you understand that?"

"What, that you're okay with putting your life on the line?"

"I'm just trying to protect you! And May and everyone else I love! Is there something so wrong with that?"

"There is when all the risks you keep taking could mean not having you here to protect us someday!" 

"You really think I'm not that good at this? I can handle myself, I'm not a kid anymore!" Peter argued.

Y/N hesitated, a little taken aback by the question. "I never said you weren't good at it, Peter! But that doesn't mean people you go up against aren't better than you!" 

Peter started to give her the same 'ending argument' talk he always did whenever they fought about this, but she didn't want to stick around to hear it again, instead choosing to walk out and make her way to the elevator. 

Y/N had passed the Avengers, in their mighty suits and armor, but she could not care less at the moment. 

"Where are you going! I'm still talking to you!" Peter shouted for her, the Avengers clearing a path in the room so her and Peter could clearly look at each other from the distance between them.

"Yeah, well I'm done listening," Y/N pressed the elevator button, stepping in. "I'm staying at my dorm tonight," she spat out, the elevator doors closing.

The group of supers turned back towards Peter's direction, who had just finished looking up in annoyance. 

"Another fight?" Steve asked.

"That's all they do, nowadays," Sam commented.

"Enough of that," Nat shot back at him. "What's up, Pete? Tony says you've been fighting a lot, recently."

"Yeah," Peter breathed out, "I don't know what to do, honestly," he admitted.

"What do you mean?"

"I ... I love her, and I do not want to b-break up with her, but it seems like we've been arguing every single week, and it always leads back to one topic."