scooch over

warnings : none

summary : reader gets tessa into some bad habits while tom is away

word count : 400 

(requested) sorry it's so short

Four months ago, you didn't need a replacement for Tom's spot in the bed. But the first week he had left for filming, you were already lonely, and Tessa was laying on the ground next to you, and you thought Well, why not?  and eventually, it just became a habit for Tess to sleep next to you. 

Napping and movie nights were exceptions, but never overnight. Tom had mentioned it when you moved in; something about spoiling her. You payed no mind to the distant memory you had recalled. 

Tom would be home in a week, and as much as you wanted to start breaking the habit of Tess next to you, you just couldn't bring yourself to do it. Not only was she a cuddle-er, but she was a personal furnace. There had never been any accidents, with her being trained and all that, so there was really no downside. 

Until Tom would come home. 

Things would change by then, right? 

Wrong. 

After coming home from the airport, Tom ate dinner with you and the two of you watched a movie before heading off to bed. 

You were first under the covers, and Tessa growing accustomed to sleeping next to you, had already planted herself in Tom's place, per usual. 

"What's this?" Tom said, coming out of the bathroom shirtless. "Tess, that's my spot." 

You were smiling sheepishly from your seat, guilt no doubt about to run through your veins.

"Y/NNN," Tom trailed off, eyebrows raised at you. 

"Yes?" You said, pleading an oblivious stance. 

"Don't play dumb, sweetheart." 

"Okay, fine! I let her sleep there. 'Nd I know you said not to, but I was lonely and she was warm and it just made me feel like you were here even though you were thousands of miles away- and 'm sorry she's used to it now, if you want I ca-"

"Love," Tom said, coming to sit next to you on your side of the bed. "I'm not angry." 

"You're.. not? But you said-" 

"I know what I said," He admitted. "But if it makes you, my girl, feel better, then you can do whatever you want." 

You nodded your head, eyebrows still slightly furrowed as you bit your bottom lip.

"You're cute when you ramble," Tom grinned. 

"I- I wasn't-" 

"Mhmm," he chuckled at the tint appearing on your cheeks. "C'mon, scooch over. We can cuddle closer if Tess won't move."