big sister

warnings : none

summary : reader and tom tell scarlet about the baby on the way

word count : 300

(requested) also short.. haha :D

"You think we should tell her now?"

"It's only a matter of time before I start showing. Besides, don't you think it'd be exciting for her?"

"Not if she's anything like me." 

At this, you thwiped the back of his head lightly, and Tom laughed in protest. 

"C'mon, Tommy. I wanna see how she'll take it." 

Tom nodded, bringing an arm around your waist to pull you into his side as the two of you went forward to Red's room down the hall. 

Coming in, she was sitting on the floor coloring Ironman in a color book, her building blocks abandoned on the floor beside her. You went to pick them up, putting them back in their rightful place before sitting next to her. 

"Hey, baby," you said. 

"Hi, mummy."

"Mummy and I have something to tell you," Tom said, taking a seat on her other side. 

Scarlet didn't stop coloring, and you glanced to Tom momentarily before continuing. 

"Red, baby, can you look at mummy for me?" 

She nodded, putting her crayons down as she glanced to you. Tom maneuvered to sit on your side, his arm settling around your waist again. 

"You're gonna be a big sister, Red," Tom told her. 

"What's that?"

"Mummy is pregnant. Mummy and daddy are gonna have another baby, just like you," you said softly, stroking her cheek and moving her hair behind her ear. 

"Where's baby now?" 

"Right here," Tom said, pulling your shirt up to caress your very small bump. 

"Baby 's inside mummy's tummy?" Red asked, eyebrows slightly furrowed. 

"That's right, sweetie." 

"When can I meet baby?"

"Oh," Tom said, pulling her into his lap. "Months and months from now, baby. But don't you worry! She'll be here sooner than you'll realize," He finished with a boop on her nose, and she giggled.