the new song

warnings: talks of sex?

summary: harry holland x reader ; reader writes "wow" about harry

word count: 700

(requested)

You're in the den, where the piano is located. Usually it's Sam who plays around the house, but an idea had popped into your head in the shower, and you had to get it out of your head. By the time you finish figuring out the notes, you're already thinking of lyrics, one idea leading to another and another. 

Before you know it, you have a verse and a chorus, and two hours have passed. You're so distracted that you don't even notice Harry coming in, smiling at the sight in front of him. 

"Hey, baby. Whatcha up to?"

"Writing a song," you answer without looking up. 

He chuckles scooting you over slightly to make room for himself on the piano bench. 

"Yeah? What about?"

"You."

Harry chokes on air, face reddening as well as the tips of his ears, and Tom and Harrison appear in the doorway with questioning looks. Harry waves them off, turning back to you with more questions. 

"What a- what about me?"

You looked up, deciphering his expression and taking note of his features. You breathed out a laugh, "Just uh- some stuff we do." 

"Some stuff we do?" he repeated, a smirk forming. 

"Shut up," you mumbled, shoving his shoulder as the both of you laughed. "You can know when I finish recording it."

"Mhm, and when are you going to the studio?"

"Right, now," you finished, popping your pen as you closed your journal. 

"Now? Y/N it's eight o'clock," he laughed. "You can't be serious."

"Oh I'm deadly serious," you smirked. "I've already called in. I booked a studio, I'm going now."

"I can't believe you," he laughed. "Do I at least get to come with?"

You hummed, "maybe.."

"So in other words, no," He laughed, rolling his eyes when you nodded with a laugh. 

"Okay," you kissed his cheek. "Gotta run!" And you, quite literally, did. 

***

What you loved about dating someone in the public eye was that you could share your work with them and trust that they wouldn't go spill the details, intentionally or not. 

Once the track was finished, which was about two weeks later, you were driving home, excited to share your newest piece with Harry, and his brothers of course. It was practically a ritual to play your music for the household, enjoying their reactions and celebrating with them. 

"Hello!" you called out, closing the door and slipping your shoes off. 

"Hey, darling, why're you smiling so hard?" Harry came out of the kitchen holding a mug of steaming tea. You grinned, holding up your phone and your speaker. "Guys!"

Today, his parents were over for game night, but after you had come home with a new track, Harry had called everyone into the living room. They were seated, and you were sitting on Harry's lap as they asked questions. 

"Is this the one you were playing on the piano a few weeks ago? The one about me?" 

You smirked again, nodding, and the boys cheered as the excitement grew. Nikki and Dom exchanged glances, laughing along. 

"Now," Harrison moved forward in his seat, "Do we have to cover Paddy's ears for this or-

Harry threw a pillow at Harrison, Paddy shoving him too, as everyone else laughed. Harry kissed your temple, encouraging you to play it, and you did. 

You were slightly nervous, especially since Harry's parents weren't normally a part of the first listeners group. Either way, the song was coming to an end, and you turned to gauge their reactions, expecting for their feedback. 

"Whaddya think?"

"That's... forward," Sam said, eyeing his twin as he blushed. You nervously laughed, turning to Tom and Harrison. 

"For the first time I'm jealous Harry has a girlfriend," Harrison laughed, and Tom slapped his shoulder, laughing and sticking his tongue out. 

"What do you think, H?" You looked to him, and he seemed to be trying to avoid everyone's gazes, all except yours. 

"I'm almost sorry my parents are in the room," he laughed, rubbing his thigh. Nikki sent him a look, laughing with her sons. 

"It's quite catchy," Nikki complimented. "And if it makes my son flustered then I quite like it."

Tom laughed, looking to his younger brother. "Even mum knows you're fuckin' whipped."

"Language," she said, and Tom merely laughed at her response. 

"Well how would you feel if someone wrote a sex song about you?" Harry exclaimed, a blush adorned on his face. 

"Harry!" You shrieked, hand going over his mouth while you shook your head in disbelief. He was mumbling into your mouth while Harrison pointed out that he wasn't wrong, and you threw another pillow at him, everybody laughing.