eight rings

warnings: none

summary: you give harry a ring from seven rings

word count: 300

(requested) 

You're on the set of the 7 Rings music video. Harry has a pencil behind his ear, a clipboard in his hand as he stands behind the camera. You're getting in costume, makeup touched up as they style your hair neatly. You've been working for about three hours now, and you can already start to feel the exhaustion in your body and in the crews'. 

After this take, you go for water and to talk to Harry. 

"Harry!" you're bouncing over to him, heels clicking as your feather-like jacket slips onto your arms. 

"Hey, Y/N," he smiles. "Where's Tom?"

"Getting tea?" You offer, and he nods, sipping his own. "I have something for you."

His eyebrows go up as you open your purse, pulling out a blue TIffany & Co. box. His breath hitches as he watches you move. 

"What?" he takes the ring box, opening it to find an engagement ring. He wants to laugh but he's too deep in shock. 

You giggle, hugging him. 

"This can't be real."

"It is," you giggle again. "It's eight rings now," you smile, and his mouth hangs open as he hugs you. 

"I don't know what to say.." he smiles bashfully. "Thank you," a blush settles over his face, and that's when Tom returns to your side. 

"Hey all, what's happening?"

"Y/N just gave me an engagement ring," Harry opened the carrier for him to see, and Tom almost spit his drink out. 

"What?"

"Relax babe, it's not a proposal," you laugh. "It's a forever friendship." 

Tom visibly relaxes at your words before looking back to the ring. "Damn."

"Hm?"

"I can't believe Harry got a ring from you before I did."