circles before yourself - rule #2 T.H.

a spin off of circles before self :)

requests:

Hey! I've just read circles before selves and I loved it so much!! 😔 if you feel like it fits, could you write a part 2 where one of the boys has feelings for yn and really missed her during that time? Really angst? Thanks, bby! ❤❤

Hey lovie, so Idk if you take requests but based on the other fic I read about Harrison having a baby sister and the boys talking behind her back can you write something about reader keeping her boyfriend a secret from the boys and she's out with some friends and Harry sees the friends insta story and seeing reader in the corner on a boys lap and they Drive as fast a possible to the location to get haz babysister and being all protective around her like „what do you do on a random boys lap?" and she's like „uh, he's my boyfriend."

wc: 1.7 k

Through the week you'd ghosted the four of them, Tom had probably been affected the most. Being your brother's best friend, he was very much intertwined with your life, which meant he was just as dependent on you as he was on Harrison.

The night after their apology in your apartment, Tom had come over with more take out and one of his hoodies on his arm.

"Hey... Tom?" You were surprised by his presence, standing in the doorway of the front entrance, Tom on your patio. "What's up?"

"Can I- uh... Can I talk to you?"
"Sure..." You're still confused, but nevertheless, open the door wider for him.

Tom has always been your protector in a different way than Harrison's 'older-brother protective mode.' He's genuinely cared about your well-being, and tended to keep you out of the public's eyes despite you not being a celebrity. He was there when you needed a ride home in the rain, and he was there when your ex-boyfriend had cheated on you with your best friend. He was there, angrily, supportively, encouragingly. Sure, he gave you butterflies, but you as another rule of the circle goes, siblings are off limits. Nobody had ever broken the rule, and you suspected Tom wasn't here to break it either, so you dropped the thoughts from your mind, attention resorting back to the brunette in front of you.

"What's happening?" You're awkwardly sitting on the couch beside him until the tension fades away into nothingness. It's never like this between the two of you, but you're picking apart the context, pointing out in your head his demeanor — and why this time feels different.

"I, erhm," He clears his throat. "I really missed you those past two weeks."

"Aww," You jutt a lip out, assuming that's all he's here for. Restoring those lost cuddles, huh? "I really missed you, too."
"That's... not exactly what I mean."

"Okay..." You lean back a bit in defeat. "What do you mean, then?"

"I mean... I've had feelings for you for a while." He's blushing profusely, scratching the back of his neck out of nervousness. Your eyes widen and he's quick to continue, not wanting to shock you too much. "And- And I know it's so fucking cliche — your brother's best friend likes you — and I know that we have that stupid rule about not going out with your best friend's siblings but I just... I don't want to go away on- on... business or something and come back and you're somebody else's girl."

You can't help but let a grin take over your face. You can feel yourself heating up, hands coming to block your face from his view, trying to save your dignity and keep the embarrassment to a minimum despite him spilling his heart out right in front of you.

"Do... do you feel the same way?"
You bite your lip before picking your head up. He's so innocent — so sweet and so gentle and tender and pure with his words — and the glint of hope in his eyes could make your heart burst. It doesn't, but instead flutters faster, wings flapping as it prepares to take flight. You're afraid of where it's going, but you decide to let it fly right in the hands of the boy standing in front of you.