bubbles and tea

warnings: none

summary: tom helps the reader de-stress from baby business

word count: 400

"Tom can you check on her diaper? I need to clean her clothes, she just burped on them. Wait," you paused, "You do the laundry, I'll do the diaper. Or actually-"

"Love," Tom grabbed your wrist with a gentle smile. "Are you okay?" 

"Yes, I'm fine. If I do the laundry I can pump. Can you change her?" 

"Love," Tom stopped your movements. "I changed her diaper already. The bottle in the fridge is full and we can do the laundry later, okay? Come here with me," he pulled you out of the nursery and into the familiarity of your bedroom. 

He sat next to you on the bed, holding both of your hands in his and looking you head on. 

"Love, talk to me. What's going through that beautiful brain of yours?" 

You shook your head, looking down to your connected hands. "Just so tired," you whispered out, voice wavering. 

"Breathe with me," he said, inhaling and exhaling loud enough for you to follow along. You did, just until your breathing evened and you calmed down. 

"You're taking the week off," he concluded. 

"What?" you said. "No I'm not."

"Love, you haven't had time off work since your maternity leave. That was seven months ago!" he exclaimed softly. "You need a mental break, with what, mothering me and a newborn and still managing your own job? C'mon, angel, you deserve time off."

You deflated a bit, realizing he was right, he always is. 

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Well," he stood up, bringing you with him. "I know I'm right. Now c'mon, I'm running you a bath and making you some tea." 

You giggled at his persistence, obliging without issues. He'd set up a bubble bath for you, making you get in as he went to make you a cup of tea. Coming upstairs carefully, he found you sitting in the tub, playing with a few bubbles.

He chuckled, and you looked up with a smile . 

"Is she-"

"still quietly asleep? Yes," he cut you off with a grin, setting your cup down and leaning in front of the bathtub.  

You pouted, jutting your lip out and making grabby hands. "Join me, please?" 

He chuckled at you, playfully shaking his head as he stood up to take his clothes off. He got in behind you, rubbing your shoulders and kissed your neck.