not anymore

harrison osterfield x reader; harrison returns from filming determined to win the reader's heart

 Something about living out your dreams just had to be a dealbreaker. In Harrison's case, it was leaving everyone behind, or bringing everyone with him. And he couldn't bring everyone with him, so he was stuck leaving them. He hated that part, leaving everyone only to come back to people who had grown so much he could barely recognize them.

He was afraid of it, because if the bond wasn't strong enough then there would be nothing to come back to.

He was afraid of that happening with you.

Because he had spent so long trying to find someone like you. He had spent so much time in his life searching for someone who made him feel the way you do, make him feel so strongly, and he was afraid you would think he was abandoning you.

You didn't know how he felt, and he wanted to tell you. God, he wanted to tell you so badly, but he wanted to get it right. He wanted time, and right now, work was merciless.

So he had to leave. You were disappointed, of course, because he had barely been back for a month, but you were there to say goodbye, supporting him from your home while he went to film from god knows where.

It had been three months, and filming had just wrapped. Harrison was so excited to get back to you, to finally be in your arms again, and not just as a best friend.

He had called you the night before he got on the plane, to tell you he wanted to talk to you about something important. It had you restless, which you were sure wasn't his intention, but he had never sounded so urgent before.

He'd skipped the trip back to his apartment, heading straight to your place once he hailed down a cab. Leaving his luggage on the front porch, he rang your doorbell a good three times. You rushed to open it, letting out a surprised gasp at his arrival, not expecting him so soon, but he merely stepped inside, panting and moving forward.

"Har, the lugga-" you tried pointing to it, but he shut the door, shaking his head and taking another breath, trying to build the courage to say what he's always wanted to say to you.

"I need to- to tell you something."
You hesitated, nodding. "Okay.."
"I really- I really like you and- and I know I go away a lot but this time it just- it felt different. Being away from you, I mean. It was like my heart just wanted to burst because of how I couldn't be with you for so long an- and I realized that I'm torturing myself by not telling you how much I want to be with you an- and not just as a friend. I want to hold your hand and kiss you whenever and I want you to call me your boyfriend because I am. Maybe I'm out of line or reading this wrong but I ju-"

"Har! Harrison!" You laughed, cutting him short and shaking your head playfully. "I want to be with you too."
"You do?" He blushes, hand scratching the back of his neck.

You nod. "I just didn't think you'd want to because you're always traveling."

"Well, I was bullshitting everyone, I guess." The two of you laugh, and he carefully steps forward, hands wrapping around yours as he leans in. He smiles into the kiss after you kiss him back, and you giggle into his mouth.

He guessed he didn't have to leave you behind anymore.