baby's golf

warnings: none :)

summary: tom takes your son golfing for his first time

word count: 500

(requested) again sorry it took so long

Perhaps saying yes to a golf game wasn't the best idea, but you thought it would be a great family-bonding moment, and something Tom would have a lot of fun with. 

He was driving the golf cart as you sat in the passenger seat, tennis skirt fitted around your thighs as you bounced Oscar on them. He was three and a half and was definitely a daddy's boy, but you didn't even mind. 

Tom chuckled at Oscar as he pointed at things he was observing on the golf course. Tom's hands were fitted with gloves, curls tousled and vibrant in color. When he parked the cart, the three of you got out, Tom grabbing the golf clubs in the back while you walked with Oscar. 

After Tom swung a few times, Oscar grew antsy on the sideline, itching to be back by his father's side.

"Cmere baby, why don't you play a little with daddy?" Tom said, kneeling down as he motioned for Oscar to come to him. You grew wary, eyebrows shooting up, and Tom immediately knew the look. 

"He'll be fine, angel."

"I don't know about that. What about that one summer where you said-"

"That was an accident!" He exclaimed, laughing as he tried to defend himself. 

"Still a scar, though-" you mumbled, trying to suppress your grin. 

When the golf clubs finally came out, and Tom started teaching Oscar, you grew more nervous.

"Babe promise me you'll be careful-"

"Y/N he'll be fine," Tom breathed out with a laugh, hands gesturing comfortingly as he handed Oscar a miniature golf club. 

You had your phone in one hand, filming the sight in front of you. Your other hand gripped the first aid kit in nervousness. 

On Oscar's first swing, he missed the ball and swung around, plopping on his butt. You laughed, as did Tom, before Tom stood him up and knelt next to him. 

"Got it buddy?" 

"Yes, daddy." 

You awed at the two as Tom stood to the side, letting Oscar swing again. This time, Oscar swung it hard and fast, knocking the ball a few yards. 

"That was great, baby!" Tom cheered, clapping as he picked up the boy, swinging him through the air as he giggled. 

After a few minutes, the three of you piled back into the golf cart to move to the next part of the course, but you weren't paying attention to Tom. Instead, you were grinning at the phone in your hand. 

"Love, what are you doing?" he finally asked. 

"Texting your mom."

"My- my mum?" He looked at you, eyes doe-like and filled with adoration. 

"Yeah."

"What about?"

"I just sent her the video of you and Oscar on the course."

"What did.. what did she say?"

You looked up from your phone, clicking the power button and slipping it in your pocket as you held on of Tom's hand. "That you're a great father."