mother- f!cking trainwreck

warnings : cursing

summary : based on the song "boyfriend" by ariana grande (reader writes it about tom)

word count : 2200

(requested) okay so part of this is actually a true story -- this is how ari and scootie and mikey got around to writing it. :) also included a very off-topic ended but yeah, and yall are probably tired of james corden but hes my fav interviewer / talk show host and hes like the most respectful one out there so deal with it <3

"Boys! I have an idea and I need some outsiders. C'mere," you motioned them over. 

After reading it over, Scootie spoke his mind. "I like the chorus; are you writing another verse?"

"I was thinking you two could write your own verses."

"Y/N it's like nine P.M.," Mikey said.

"So?" you grinned. They were standing next to you, and you were sitting with your legs crossed on the carpet-rug, Toulouse sleeping next to you. "Not like we haven't pulled an all-nighter for a track before." 

Mikey laughed and rolled his eyes before taking a seat next to you. Scootie did the same, and they got to writing.

By three A.M., the each of you had written and recorded your parts of the track, and now you were sprawled out on the couches, half asleep and half drunk. 

"Hey, Y/N, you never told us who the song was about." 

You laughed sloppily. "Easy there, boys. One thing at a time," you replied before drifting off.

***

The next morning you were rushing to get to the boys' flat, excited to tell them about your new single. You were on tour for your most recent albums, Sweetener and thank u next, so you hadn't had much time with them. But now, you had just finished leg number two, so you were on a break at your place in London. 

Knocking on the door, you sniffed your breath and fixed your hair, checking to make sure your makeup was fine too. Paparazzi's were still following you, so you posed a little before knocking again. It was a Saturday, so you suspected the boys were sleeping in and would probably be bitchy about your unannounced arrival. You didn't care though, because it had been months since you got to see them.

You knocked again, pounding hard on the door before Harrison answered in plaid plants and no shirt, hair disheveled and twisted it different ways. 

"Y/N?! What the fuck! What time is it?" he exclaimed, one arm on the door and the other gripping the door frame. Ignoring him, you rolled your eyes and pushed his arm out of the way, entering. Grunting, he closed the door and followed you. 

Upon entering, you saw Harry coming down from the stairs, yawning and rubbing his eyes, sleep and annoyance radiating off of him.

"Y/N," He whined. "Why the fuck do you always spoil our Saturday's? We're hard working men you need rest," He complained. 

Tom grumbled from his seat on the sofa, running his hands through his hair. Your eyes lingered on him momentarily before answering. 

"Boys," You trailed, building suspense. "I recorded a song last week." 

Several exclamations of excitement went around the room and you laughed before taking a seat on the kitchen counter, the boys sitting at the breakfast table and the on the stools. 

"Didn't you like, just release an album?" Tom asked, drinking his coffee.

"Yeah, and?" 

"And that collab with Vic?" Sam said, sipping his too.