poker

warnings : cursing?

summary : reader and tom play poker with the gang

word count : 1300

note : reader and tom are sitting like this !! [ brackets ] indicate when the picture is needed for reference

a/n : hi lovies, time for some honesty : chances are, i probably wont be updating as much with whats going on around the world (and america especially), but i WILL be updating. (any updates will either be short blurbs or very long pieces [+3k]) my dad almost broke his toe the other night, and my sister & i have been attending some protests & spreading awareness & educating ourselves as such, and i suggest you all do the same. i hate to bring in controversial topics, but if you support trump (or racism, sexism, homophobia, etc) then i suggest you stop reading my works now. i do not stand for him, or any of his ideas or things related to those ideas, and i will not tolerate people who do. all the love, xx. 🖤.

"Petal, c'mon. Wear something casual, it's just poker." 

Y/N turned around to look at Tom who was wearing a tee shirt and jeans -- something very casual. "Okay, okay," she replied, grabbing a few things from her closet before changing. Tom felt giddy that she trusted him enough to watch, and he felt somewhat proud that both of them were more confident with their own skins. 

By the time they had gotten in the car, it was almost seven o'clock. They knocked twice when arriving, a case of beer in Tom's left hand and Y/N's hand latched onto his right. She had brought some snacks, packed into a tote bag that was on her right shoulder. Harrison let them in, cheering when he noticed who they were -- and what they brought.

"Tom! Y/N!" Harrison cheered, taking the food & drinks from them while Harry and Sam went in for a few hugs. 

"So, who's here today?" Tom asked after their greetings, grabbing Y/N's hand again. 

She smiled lightly, smitten that he wanted her touch 24/7. Sure, Tom was affectionate, but he also loved having his girl with him, feeling her and knowing she's safe and happy with him. There was a light blush on her cheeks from the small amount of PDA, but she hoped no one would notice.

"The usual," Harry replied.

"Yeah?" Tom said, glancing towards Sam. "How's your girl?"

Sam blushed, smiling with a full set of teeth. "She's great," he looked to Y/N, "She's in the other room, sitting at the table with the gang, if you wanna catch up with her, Y/N," he informed her. "Tom 'nd us boys have to set up a few stuff, but we'll be in shortly." 

Y/N glanced to Tom, who was nodding with a smile. "I'll be in inna sec, promise," he kissed her cheek. "Find us a good seat." 

Y/N nodded in response, making her way into the room with everyone else. Emerging through the door, she saw the brand new poker table, seating several people. Tuwaine, his girlfriend, Elysia, and Harrison's sister, Charlotte, were all seated, each with a drink. 

"Hey, Y/N!" Elysia noticed her first. "It's been awhile! How're you?" She moved in for a hug, Y/N happily obliging. 

The two girls continued talking, before the three Holland boys and Harrison came in with snacks upon snacks upon snacks, placing the trays on the side table and opening the back door to let the cool air in. 

Tom made his way over to Y/N, eager to be back by her side. "Hi, my love," he said, motioning for her to stand up. Though confused as to why, she did. Sitting in her seat, he gently grabbed her hips and [placed her on his lap,] making sure they both were comfortable.