the shoe game

warnings : implications of sex? maybe cursing

summary : tom & reader play the shoe game at their wedding

word count : 800

(requested) OKAY SO im not big on traditional weddings but for the sake of the story lets just roll with it 

"Take your shoes off now!" Harrison hollered. He was holding some cards, you assumed for his toast as best man and the questions for the game. Harry beside him was laughing, a drink in his hand and a camera around his neck. He wasn't filming this part; these were the family celebrations he wanted to be in the pictures for, so the two of you had hired quite a few professional photographers. 

"Alright, you div," You heard Tom say from behind you. You turned to look at him and giggled. He heard, and glanced at you too before smiling widely. 

"C'mon, trade and turn around!" Harrison said. 

"You'd think he'd be a little looser now that he's got more drinks in him," Tom whispered, grinning when you giggled again, and the two of you turned around, each holding a different shoe. 

In both of your right hands, were your heals, and in the other were Tom's black wingtips. When the both of you nodded off to Harrison, the questions start coming in. You were both seated in the middle of the dance floor, each of you placed on the antique chairs, the design elegant but casual and the colors vivid, complementing you almost as well as your dress. 

"Who's the better cook?"

You put up your own shoe without a second to spare, and with a playful eye roll, Tom lifted up the heel too, and your surrounding family members laughed and cheered the two of you on. 

"Who's messier?"

Tom and you both put up his shoe, and you laughed out loud, Tom doing the same. 

"Who made the first move?"

Although cliche, the two of you put up Tom's shoe, and you smiled bashfully, a blush on your cheeks as your bridesmaids screamed from the crowd. 

"Who's more romantic?"

This time, Tom put your shoe up quickly, and a few seconds later, you put yours up, hesitant and a bit unsure, but you laughed nonetheless.

"We're ready for the deeper questions?"

"How deep can Harrison really go?" Tom said, and Harry and Sam laughed as Harrison gave him a playful glare. 

"Be realistic," you agreed. "You're a surface-level baby." 

"Alright, alright," Harrison groaned, and the two of you laughed. "Who's the better kisser?" 

Tom put up your shoe without a doubt, but you on the other hand, put up his shoe. Harrison looked surprise that the two of you didn't have the same shoe up, so you elaborated. 

"You never specified where the kisses were." 

You heard gasps and surprised chuckles at the witty comment, one of them coming from Tom.

"Jesus Christ, love!" he exclaimed, his cheeks red and ears scarlet. 

"Who's moodier?"

You laughed and put up your shoe, but Tom put up both, simply replying, "Depends on the day, sometimes the week," and you laughed. 

"Who's better at keeping secrets?" he grinned.

Your eyebrow went up as you smirked, putting your own shoe up, and Tom did the same. 

"C'mon, like we all didn't know that already!" he huffed, laughing. 

"Who was the first one to fall in love?"

Harrison and Tom had been close, and Tom had been open with Harrison about his relationship with you from the very start. Regardless, they didn't know anything on your side of the introduction to the relationship. 

Tom put his shoe up while you put yours up. 

"Ahh," you replied to their nagging. "I'll share the story later in the night." 

"Who wants a baby first?"

At this, you smiled softly, and Tom (once again) blushed. Simultaneously, the two of you put Tom's shoe up in the air, laughing. You covered your face with your other hand, smiling timidly from behind it.

"Who has the better taste in music?"

You put yours up without a second thought, but Tom sat there being stubborn, shaking his head with a smile. 

"We all know it's me," you said. "Harry and I are the superior when it comes to music taste."

"Whatever, darling."

"Who's better in the sheets?"

You rolled your eyes, reluctant to answer the question, but you knew there would be few to share in front of all the family members. You put up Tom's shoe, of whom put up his as well.

"It's just a hobby," he said cheekily, quickly turning around to give you a kiss on the cheek. 

"And finally," Harrison smirked. "Who has the better in-laws?"

Tom laughed loudly, putting up his own shoe because really? you couldn't beat the Holland boys, or Tessa at that. You put up Tom's shoe after a few seconds, and you could hear your mother laughing from the crowd. 

When Harrison started laughing too, putting his arms by his side, you gave Tom his shoe back. He put his on, but you were barefoot. When he got up, you embraced him strongly, wrapping your arms around his neck. He chuckled and placed his hands on your waist. 

"Dance with me."

"We already had our first dance," he whispered back.

"I don't care," you placed your bare feet atop his covered ones. "Dance with me again."

"Okay, Mrs. Holland."