with me

warnings : none, this is all fluff

summary : peter asks reader to go out with him

word count : 500 

a/n : ive had major writer's block for like two weeks, im so sorry. i needed inspo/ ideas, but im back. im writing some spin offs, so i hope these are good enough

also - stream "stuck with u" by ariana grande and justin bieber

You and Peter weren't super-close-best-friends-since-kindergarten friends, but you two did enjoy each other's company. When you first met, you were paired together for a physics project. He was nervous and you were shy, but you aced the project. He had invited you to Stark Industries to work on the project, but you didn't expect to meet Tony Stark. You figured out a few weeks later that Peter was Spiderman, and though he tried to deny it, you both knew the truth. Ever since then, you two would talk in between classes, during classes you had together, and you would even walk home together. 

You were halfway through the second semester, and Peter's harbored crush on you was getting harder to keep a secret. Every time you two had a conversation, his blush intensified and he couldn't seem to get the words out without stuttering or choking up. 

You were no better, though: dropping things whenever you made eye contact and forgetting to breathe when he was near. Ned was convinced that these were signs that his feelings for you were reciprocated, but Peter never listened. He thought you were too good for him, but you liked you anyways. 

"So Y/N," Mj was leaning on the locker next to yours while you searched for your lunch money. "You like Peter, right?" 

You dropped the book in your hand, turning to MJ with wide eyes, "W-what? No- no, I don't." 

"But it's so obvious you do," she teased.

"Okay, fine. But please don't tell anyone," you begged.

"Yeah, yeah," she agreed. "How long?'

"Since first semester," you confessed.

Peter, who was walking with Ned, had heard the entire conversation. 

"Dude!" Ned exclaimed. "See? I was right! She does like you, too!" 

"You don't know that," Pete argued.

"We just heard her say it! You have to make a move, man! Couple of the year," he clapped.

"C'mon," Peter stopped his clapping, "Let's get to the cafeteria."

For the rest of the day, Peter was oddly quiet towards you; not laughing at your jokes like he used to and specifically talking to anyone but yourself. You let it slide, considering you were quiet nervous about MJ finding out.

On Friday, Peter told you during chemistry class that he would 'meet you at your locker at the end of the day.' You were at your locker, putting books in and taking what you'd need for the weekend. 

"Hi, Y/N."

You closed your locker, "Hi, Pete."

"I was wondering if you w-wanted to go out with me sometime? On a- uh..  date. Yeah, on a date?"

You smiled, feeling your cheeks heat up. 

"You don't have to!" he exclaimed, worried.

"Pete, I'd love to," you placed your hand over his crossed arms.

"Really?"

"Really," you confirmed.

Removing your hand, you held it palm up, an offering for Peter. Blushing, he placed his hand on yours, intertwining your fingers. Going out the double doors, MJ and Ned were standing by a tree, waiting for results. Seeing you two, they high-fived each other and gave you two a thumbs up. 

a/n : trying to get over this writer's block because my writing has been shit lately. xxx