secret birthdays

warnings: none

summary: reader keeps her birthday a secret

word count: 600

(requested)

There was a knock at the door, Tom motioning for Harrison to get it, and he left the other boys on the couch. 

"Hi, I'm Aisha. Is Y/N home?"

Harrison momentarily glanced to her purse before shaking his head. "No, she's out for the day. Anything I can help you with?"

"You're... Harrison, right?"

His brows furrow at how she knows his name, but he nods nonetheless. "That'd be me." 

"Y/N's boyfriend, then."

He chuckles, "Yes, still me."

"Well, I'm gonna be out of town on her birthday, so I wanted to drop off her present now. Is that okay? If you could, just tell her Aisha dropped by, though she's gonna hate to have missed m-"

"Birthday?"

Aisha looks up at him, confused. "Uh, yeah. You didn't know?"

He shakes his head again. "When is it?"

"In six days."

"That's funny," Harrison scratches his head. "She always made a point of not telling any of us when birthday is." 

Aisha nodded, "Sounds like her."

"Whaddya mean?"

"She doesn't like when other people celebrate her birthday -- hell, she doesn't even like celebrating it." 

Harrison frowns, and a silence settles over them for a few moments before Aisha speaks again. 

"Well, here," she steps forward and leaves a box in his hands. "Tell her I'll see her soon, and that I said 'happy birthday.'"

Aisha stepped down one step before turning back around to Harrison. "Oh! And tell her I've figured out her kink." With that, she jumps off the steps, making her way to her car, and Harrison's brows furrow as he closes the door.

Putting the gift on the table by the door, he makes his way back to the couch. 

"Who was that?" Tom asks.

"Y/N's friend... dropping off a birthday present."

Harry and Tom look away from the TV, shock in their eyes. 

"Birthday? She never mentioned her birthda-"

"I know!" Harrison cut Harry off. "It's so... weird? To me, at least. I don't know."

"Well maybe you should do something?"

"Something?"

"You know," Harry sat up and forward. "plan something sweet to celebrate."

"Yeah..." Harrison trails off. "Yeah, but you guys have to help me."

**
Less than a week later, you're out at the mall, shopping for some eyeliner. Harrison had seemed quite eager to have you out of the house, so you complied. Now, you're returning home, parking the car in the driveway and making your way inside. 

The house is quiet upon entry, and you put your stuff down and make your way further in. 

"Babe?" you walk past the living room. "Baby?"

After no response, you head into the kitchen, where they're waiting for you, cake and a few presents on the table beside it. 

"Happy birthday!" 

You gasp, hand to your mouth and one to your stomach in shock. 

"How did you- how'd you know?"

Harrison walks up to you, hands going around your waist as he puts on a stupid party hat that makes you crack a smile. 

"Aisha may have mentioned something...."

"Damn her."

"But hey," his fingers move your chin, caressing your jaw before cupping your cheek. "You know you could've told me, right? I always want to celebrate my baby, no matter how many years you've got." 

You nod, tears forming as you hug him, face engulfed in his chest. He kisses the side of your head before the two of you pull apart, turning around as your arm goes around his middle, his arm doing the same. 

"What's all this?"

"Oh just a cake..." Tom grins. "And probably $2000 worth of presents."

"Oh my god we are ret-"

"Joking," Harrison cut you off with a cheeky grin. "We're joking. Sit down though, let's eat cake."