that's cool

warnings : none !

summary : reader takes tom to meet her parents

word count : 300

(requested) this is so unique and i didnt know how to approach it at first, but enjoy ! sorry it took so long

"Why're you so nervous, love?" Tom asked, grabbing one of your hands from the seat beside you. 

The two of you were sitting in his car, parked on the driveway of your childhood home.

"Just- you'll see," you breathed out again, before smiling at him and opening the door. He mirrored your actions, locking the car and intertwining your hands as the two of you made your ways to the front door. Knocking, you wiped your hand on your leg, the other still holding Tom's.

"It'll be alright," he whispered, kissing your temple just before the door opened. 

"Hey!" Your mom said, motioning the two of you to come in. "I'm [your mother]. It's so good to finally meet you," she held Tom's hand with a smile, your father coming out from the kitchen. 

Tom straightened up, "Sir," he held his hand out, and both of your parents laughed. 

"It's good to meet you. Tom, right?"

Tom nodded, shaking his hand with a smile, relaxing his stance a little bit, his hand reaching for yours again. 

"Good to see you, sweetie," your dad said, hugging your side. 

"C'mon, let's get to lunch!" [your mother] said, leading everyone into the open kitchen and the table, set with snacks and drinks and of course-- lunch. 

After talking for about an hour, you excused yourself to go to the bathroom, leaving Tom alone with your parents. 

"So, what do you guys do for a living?" Tom asked, sipping his lemonade. 

"Oh-" your mother started, looking to [your father] before continuing. "We run an orphanage. That's how we got Y/N." 

"Oh," Tom said softly in response, sitting back a bit. "That's-"

"That's what?" you said with a smile, sitting next to him. "What're we talking about?"

"Just the orphanage, dear. How our little family came to be." 

"Oh," you whispered, looking down at your hands in your lap. 

Tom looked at you and grabbed one of your hands with a smile. "I was saying that's really cool."

"You.. you think so?" 

He hummed with a nod, smiling again. "Yeah," he breathed out. 

"Well," [your mother smiled]. "we think so, too."