i was right

warnings : just some violence (nothing too graphic, just a mugging)

summary : reader meets spiderman (fluff)

word count : 1200

note : reader and peter are both out of high school !! (+21)

You had the worst day possible; how could it possibly get any worse? Waking up late, you missed the early subway train and ended up rushing to make the 7:15 one, which meant standing up. Standing up during the ride lead to someone walking into you and spilling your coffee all over your flashcards for today's meeting. You had to work straight through your lunch break, your boss lecturing you on the crappy job you did on the last project only because he was having a bad business day. You were staying after hours too, just until 8, but eight lead to nine and almost ten. You were on your way home now, walking because it was Friday. 

You turned the corner and into an alley, not your preferred place to walk but you didn't want to be out longer than you needed to. When you heard footsteps behind you, your pace picked up, hoping to be discreet. They got louder, and you got faster, but the distance between you and the footsteps never seemed to get larger. 

Someone had gripped your wrist, hard and fast, spinning you around and pinning you against the side of the building. The knife to your throat told you not to move, the man telling you things could be easy if you just did what he told you to. When his hand gripped your waist, you started crying, dropping your bag. It caught his attention for a split second, his hand trailing down the inside of your thy and eventually to your ankles. The knife was placed against your leg now, as he picked up your bag, looking through. Your crying got thicker, and breathing was becoming a real trouble.

Before you knew it, you felt the knife being pulled away from you, the metal sound of it clinking to the ground as a masked man swung from the top of a building to punch the person threatening you.

"Not proper to touch a lady like that," he spoke, swinging another punch as he dodged the criminal's fist. He webbed him to the wall, not very high up, but made sure the knife was placed in view for the police to see. 

"Karen? Contact the police, please."

"Yes, Peter. Has the victim been-"

"Oh, right!"

Turning to you, you were crying, your head in yours knees as your elbows leaned on them.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. Are you alright?"

You could hardly hear him, your sobs getting louder. Peter was kneeling in front of you, his gloved hand touching your arm as his thumb rubbed circles onto your skin.

"Here, let me take you home. Okay?" He offered. Still, he got no response, your crying not letting up. "It's gonna be alright. I'm here now, nothing's gonna happen to you," he spoke reassuringly.

You looked up, the tears staining your face and your eyes burning a red color. Suddenly, you lunged forward, attaching yourself to his chest as your arms wrapped around his neck. You cried into his chest as his arms slowly wrapped around your waist.

"Do you want to go home?" He spoke after a few minutes.

You only nodded, telling him your address and picking up your purse. If you were more sober, you probably would've found the swing home very exciting and the view of the city amazing, but your eyes were closed the entire time, listening to his heart beat.

"We're, uh, here? I think this is your window."

You detached yourself from Spiderman, looking to the window and nodding. You opened it, nearly falling in, but the Avenger caught you just in time.