all better

"Hey, Parker!" you greeted him as you slipped into a white laboratory coat. He blushed, waving with a pair of tweezers fitted between his fingers. You made your way over to him.

For the past month, the two of you had been working on his suit in the lab together — Tony had assigned it. You didn't mind; he was cute and shy and undeniably smart. And he was great company — you learned to love working with him.

"Hi."

You giggled, stepping forward. You were inches away from him, staring at the intricate details of the wiring of his suit. Peter could hear your heartbeat, loud and beating rapidly. It made his beat faster, and his palms grew sweatier as he guessed at what it could mean.

"I guess we need to rewire it again." He hummed in agreement, handing you the tweezers. You took them from his grasp, fingers grazing his. He retracted his hand quickly, nerves settling in his stomach. You chuckled again.

"So, Parker..." You moved a red wire, starting your conversation. You always started conversations like that, and it made him giddy inside. "You have a girlfriend?"

He choked on nothing, eyes growing wide as he shook his head furiously before calming down. "N- no, I- I don't."

You hummed. "That's weird."

It was his turn to laugh. "Why's that weird."

"You're like- the cutest person I know. How do you not have a girlfriend."

He was trying to play it cool, but internally, he was freaking out at the compliment. He shrugged, glancing to your lips then back up to your eyes before turning to the suit again.

"Do you have a crush or something?"

"Something," he trailed off, mumbling.

You hummed, moving another wire. "Well, you're still like an actual genius. If she or-or he doesn't like you then they're out of their mind."

"You mean that?" his eyes were puppy-like, and you cooed at the sight.

"I do," you smiled. "Plus you're like- totally fuckable."

He choked again, hands shaking as he stopped fidgeting with the gears of the suit. He didn't know how to respond to something like that — of course he liked you, and of course he thought about kissing you and doing things with you, but he never had the courage to let those thoughts get out. You had practically made him speechless, and when you looked at him again, he was beet red, face lit up like a fire truck.

"T-thanks?" It came out as more of a question, and you laughed.

"Hand me that, would you?" You pointed to a tool sitting in a bin by his feet, and Peter stepped to get it, only he hit his knee on it and his head hit the table on his way back up.

You laughed, setting the tools down quickly. "Oh my god, are you okay?" you laughed, hands finding his hair as you moved it out of his face. He froze, nodding in your embrace, eyes wide. "Where does it hurt?"

"Just, uh-" he swallowed nervously. "Right there."

You stopped moving your hands, right hand finding the spot he hit it. You ruffled his curls before moving his head to kiss the spot. His eyes grew impossibly wider, and you smiled at him.

"All better," you smiled.

"Al- All better."