warmth from the love

warnings : cursing?

summary : baby holland's first christmas

word count : 1700

(requested) 

a/n : might have gotten a bit off topic, lols. again, probably some typos bc i didn't proofread

"Love, c'mon! She'd look so cute wearing this, though!" Tom said, giggling. 

"Tommy, we're gonna look like nerds!"

"It won't matter, everyone knows I'm Spiderman!" He said, grinning cheekily. 

You rolled your eyes playfully before adding the onesie to the collection of toys and clothes you were buying for your baby. It was Scarlet's first christmas, and she was only six months old. Of course, Tom was outrageously excited, buying gift after gift for her. You loved it, loved seeing him like this. Having a kid, settling down, it changed Tom. Not enough for everyone to notice, but you saw, and you knew. He was happier, and more in love with you

"Tommy, calm down," you said, giggling at his little squeal. 

"I can't! We just bought all these things! For our babygirl! I'm so excited!" 

"She's such a daddy's girl," you said. 

It was funny: how proudly Tom talked about his daughter, and how easily he became flushed and smitten at someone else talking about her, even you. He was like that now, blushing profusely and hands growing clammy the second you mentioned Scarlet. 

"I really love you," you whispered. 

"Yeah?" He said, hands going to your waist to pull you flush against him. 

"Mhmm," you hummed, nodding with a sheepish smile. 

"I really love you," Tom said, giving you an Eskimo kiss, his nose warm against your cold one. 

You were wearing a really fluffy coat, and underneath that you had one of Tom's sweatshirts. It was bitterly cold, but the heat from Tom and the warmth from his heart was enough to keep you from shivering.

***

You had set your purse down, putting your coat on the hanger as Tom went to hide all the presents in his closet somewhere. You were headed for Scarlet, following the sound of her sweet laughs. 

Walking in, you saw Harrison holding her, bouncing her on his knee while they both giggled at each other. 

"Well well well," You said, drawing his attention to you.

"Hi, Y/N," Harrison said, before looking back to the babygirl and cooing at her. 

"I hope she wasn't too much trouble," You said, reaching for her.

"Not at all," Harrison said, getting up and handing her to you. "We had fun, didn't we Scarlet?" He said in a baby voice. She had only giggled in response, a laugh that Tom heard as he rushed his way in. 

He gasped, a bashful smile on his face. "My babygirl," he pouted, waving to her. 

Tom silently asked for her, and you immediately took the hint, handing Scarlet over as Tom sat down, bouncing her on his knee just as Harrison had done. 

"He's really happy," Harrison said. The two of you were leaning on the kitchen island, leaned in to talk quietly in hopes that Tom wouldn't hear too much. It wouldn't matter, he was too caught up in his baby to listen in on the gossip you two would share.