Chapter 4- PS

"Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each time has seven players, 3 chasers, 2 beaters, 1 keeper and a seeker that's you. There are three kinds of balls. {picks up a red one} This one's called the Quaffle. Now, the chasers handle the Quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops. {Points to a faraway Quidditch pitch.} The keeper, that's me, defends the hoops. {throws ball to Harry.} With me so far?" Oliver asks. Harry throws it back.

"I think so. What are those?" He points to the two squirming balls wrapped in chains.

"...You better take this." Oliver hands Harry a small bat. He bends down and releases one ball. With an angry growl, it flies off into the air. The two boys watch it. "Careful now, it's comin' back." The balls come whizzing down, and Harry cracks at it with the bat. The ball soars off through a statue. "Eh, not bad, Potter, you'd make a fair beater...Uh-oh." The ball zooms down, and Oliver grabs it, wriggling to get it back in the box. He succeeds and is out of breath. "Bludger. Nasty little buggers. But the only ball I want you to worry about is this...the Golden Snitch." He hands Harry a walnut-sized golden ball

"I like this ball," Harry says examining it.

"Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see."

"What do I do with it?" Harry says fiddling with it.

"You catch it...before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game is over. You catch this, Potter, and we win." Oliver explains. The ball flutters out two delicate wings and jumps into the air. Harry keeps an eye on it.

"Whoa," Harry says as he follows it with his head.

--------------------------------------------------------

"One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers? {Hermione raises hers.} Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practising, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone. The swish and flick. Good. And enunciate. Wingardium Leviosa. Off you go then." Flitwick urges his class, excited to see what they're capable of.

"Wingardium Levio-saaa," Draco drags the a.

They all practice but none of them succeed. "Wingardrium Leviosar," Ron says when nothing happens he gets frustrated and starts flicking his wand. Hermione stops him. "Stop, stop, stop! You're going to poke someone's eye out! And besides, you're wrong, it's Wingardium Leviosa, not Wingardium Leviosar!" Hermione rolls her eyes.

"You do it then if you're so smart! Go on," he gestures to Hermione to do it. She easily does it with Elizabeth next.

"Oh, well done! See here, everyone! Ms Granger and Ms Potter have done it! Oh, splendid!" Flitwick says. "Well done!" Ron rolls his eyes in annoyance. "Wingardium Leviosa, Wingardium Leviosa," Seamus repeats. Bang! Seamus' feather explodes. Flitwick gasps.

"Whoooaaaa, ohhh,"

"I think we're going to need another feather over here professor," Harry says watching the burnt feather gracefully float down.

----------------------------------------------

Neville, Harry, Ron and Seamus are walking through a courtyard with other students all around

"It's Leviosa, not Leviosar. Honestly, she's a nightmare. No wonder she hasn't got any friends!" Ron says.

"She's got me!" Elizabeth protested. Hermione bustles past, sniffling.

"I think she heard you, Ron," Harry says slowing down.

"Well done Ron!" Elizabeth says sarcastically. She walks off in the opposite direction.

---------------------------------------------------

It's night, in the great hall. It is Halloween. Everyone is eating sweets, and Jack O'Lanterns are keeping the place lit. There is chatter. "Are you okay Liz?" Harry asks noticing that Elizabeth was a little down. Liz just nods. "Where's Hermione?" she asks no one in particular.

"Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying." Neville replies. Elizabeth glares at Ron who gulps. Elizabeth catches a glimpse at the teacher's table. Where's Professor Quirrell? She thought.

Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes flying into the room, screaming. " TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!" The room goes silent. He drops to a dead faint. The room is quickly filled with screams. "SILENCE!" Dumbledore shouts silencing people. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons."

"Hufflepuff this way!" A Perfect says.

"Stay together!" A boy says. Elizabeth notices Professor Snape slip out of a doorway. He looks aghast. Percy leads Gryffindor to the common room. Elizabeth pulls Harry and Ron away.

"Hermione! She doesn't know!" Elizabeth says in a panic. The three run off down the corridor, they stop and hide due to a grunting noise. Harry pulls the two to a doorway. An ugly troll thunks by into a room. "It's going to the girl's bathroom!" Elizabeth whispers.

Hermione emerges from a stall, wiping her eyes. She stops when she sees something. The troll is standing there. Hermione backs up, into the stall just as the troll raises its club and smashes the top part of the stalls. Hermione screams. Harry and Ron come bursting in with Elizabeth following. "Hermione, move!" Elizabeth screams. They all fight the troll. Suddenly, Elizabeth felt a great deal of strength rush through her body. "Woah," she hears Hermione say. She grabs the bat the troll is holding and wacks it around the head. The troll sways and falls making a big thump.

"Is it...dead?" Hermione asks standing up.

"I don't think so, just knocked out," Harry says. Elizabeth stares at it. McGonagall, Dumbledore, Quirrell and Snape all walk in. "Oh my goodness! E-explain yourselves immediately!" McGonagall says.

"Something was said earlier that upset Hermione so she came in here to calm down then the troll escaped, then I dragged Harry and Ron here because Hermione was in possible danger and then we fought it. Then I felt a rush of strength through my body then I grabbed its bat thing and walked it around the head," Elizabeth explains like it's nothing.

"5 points will be awarded to the each of you for your bravery," McGonagall says after a minute of silence.

"Are you guys okay?" They all nod. Elizabeth gets lightheaded all of a sudden. She falls and darkness overtakes her.

"Oh my goodness!" She faintly hears.