Chapter 1- HBP

After Dave died, Elizabeth fell into grieving. She wouldn't leave her room and no one, not even the twins could get her out. For the rest of the summer break, Elizabeth sat, feeling sorry for herself, while having thoughts swim around her head. 

Remus knocked on her door, waited a minute or two and walked in. "Elizabeth?" She hummed in response. He sat at the edge of the bed. "Will you be going to Hogwarts in September?" Elizabeth seemed hesitant but nodded nonetheless. 

"Are you sure?" She nodded while fiddling with the hem of Dave's jumper she had found. "Yeah... I need a change of scenery."

Remus sat next to her and pulled her in for a hug. "It does get easier..."

"Really?" She mumbled. 

"Yeah, the hole in your chest will heal. Not fully but you won't feel like you do anymore. When I lost James and Lily... I felt like it was my fault. Like I didn't protect them enough. But over time the feeling I felt got less. Of course, I miss them, I always do. There isn't a day that goes by I don't miss your parents. I'd do anything to get them back." Elizabeth hugged Remus. 

"Thank you," she whispered. Remus smiled and kissed the top of her head. 

"Want to come down?" Elizabeth nodded and got out of bed. 

Elizabeth sat close to Remus and had some chicken nuggets.