Chapter 25- GoF

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss

"Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, intricately fair-minded. And most importantly a fierce fierce friend." Elizabeth couldn't help but smile slightly at the kind words he had spoken. 

"I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, the ministry of magic does not wish me to tell you this. But not to do so I think would be an insult to his memory. Now the pain we all feel at this dreadful loss reminds me, reminds us that while we may come from different places and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one. In light of recent events, the bonds of friendship we made this year will be more important than ever. Remember that and Cedric Diggory will not have died in vain, you remember that. And we'll celebrate a boy who was kind and honest and brave and true right to the very end." Dumbledore speaks. Elizabeth stands up and raises her wand as she mutters Lumos. Harry follows her lead, then Hermione, Ron, Remus, Alastor, Dumbledore, McGonagall and the rest.

"Rest in peace, Cedric Diggory," Elizabeth whispers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Harry sits on a bed, Dumbledore walks in

Harry sits on a bed, Dumbledore walks in.

"I never liked these curtains. Set them on fire in my fourth year, by accident of course. I put you in terrible danger this year Harry I'm sorry," Dumbledore says sitting next to Harry.

"Professor, when I was in the graveyard there was a moment... um... when Voldemort's wand and mine sort of connected," Harry starts.

"Priori Incantatem. You saw your parents that night, didn't you? They reappeared." Harry nods.

"No spell can reawaken the dead Harry I trust you know that. Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right what is easy. But remember this, you have friends here. You're not alone," Dumbledore says the last part slowly.

There's a large crowd gathered, the pupils are going home. Viktor Krum gives Hermione a kiss and hands her some paper. "Write to me. Promise."

"Bye." Ron is sitting alone. The French sisters approach him, they both, in turn, give him a kiss on the head.

"Au revoir Ron," says Fleur. The Beauxbatons girls leave in uniform, the crowd applauds. The Durmstrang boys leave too, shaking hands as they go.

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Elizabeth asks.

"No," Hermione says looking into the distance.

"No I don't think so," Harry responds.

"Never," Ron says.

"Everything's going to change now isn't it?" Asks Hermione.

"Yes."

"Promise you'll write this summer. three of you."

"Well, I won't. You know I won't!" Ron jokes.

"Harry will won't you?"

"Yeah. Every week."

"Elizabeth?" Hermione asks.

"Of course 'mione! Who'd you take me for, Ron?" Elizabeth jokes causing the four to laugh.
They look over the balcony, the flying horses pulling a carriage head off into the distance. The Bulgarians' ship goes underwater.