Chapter 9- GoF

"This can't go on Albus. First the dark mark, now this?" McGonagall asks

"What do you suggest Minerva?" Dumbledore asks leaning forward.

"Put an end to it. Don't let Potter compete."

"You heard Barty the rules are clear."

"Well, the devil with Barty and his rules. And since when did you accommodate them..."

"Master I to find it difficult to believe this mere coincidence, if we are to truly discover the meaning of these events perhaps we should for the time being let them unfold," Severus speaks up.

"Do nothing?? Offer him up as bait? Potter is a boy not a piece of meat," McGonagall asks astounded.

"I agree with Severus. Alastor, keep an eye on Harry will you?" Dumbledore says.

"I can do that," says Mad-eye while nodding.

"Don't let him know though, he must be anxious enough as it is... knowing what lies ahead. Then again, we all are." Dumbledore says leaning back.

"What about Miss Potter? Her powers nearly set off again," Severus asks the headmaster who was now stroking his Pheonix.

"We also keep an eye on her. Remus calms her down so as long as he's there all will be well, if her powers are to set off properly she will have to do private classes again." And with that they were dismissed.