Chapter 19- GoF

"Let me see it again

"Let me see it again." A familiar voice rings through Harry. A sleeve is rolled up and a marking of a skull and snake in on the arm.

"Ah yes, the time is close now. Elizabeth! Harry! At last! Step aside Wormtail so I can give our guest a proper greeting!" It was Voldemort. Harry wakes up. The floorboards are creaking, someone is walking up to his bed. It's Neville.

"You alright Harry? I just got in. Me!" He chuckles and dances off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Harry, you told me you'd figured the egg out weeks ago. The task is two days from now," Hermione says.

"Really? I had no idea," Harry says sarcastically. "I suppose Viktor's already figured it out," he adds. Hermione shrugs.

"I wouldn't know, we didn't actually talk about the tournament. Actually, we didn't really talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being. I just mean he's not particularly... Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asks confusedly.

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way they're almost cruel. And um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time," Hermione worries.

"Hey Potter."

"Cedric," Harry greets as Hermione parts from him.

"How are you?" Cedric asks.

"Spectacular."

"Look I realise I never really thanked you properly for tipping me off about those dragons."

"Forget about it. I'm sure you would have done the same for me."

"Exactly. Do you know the prefect's bathroom on the fifth floor?" Harry nods.
"It's not a bad place for a bath. Just take your egg and mull things over in the hot water." He walks off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~IN THE BATHOOM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry takes his clothes off and gets in the bath. He has his golden egg on the side.

"I must be out of my mind," he whispers to himself. He opens the egg and the horrible screech noise comes out. He closes it.

"I'd try putting it in the water if I were you," a squeaking voice says.

"Myrtle!" Harry says alarmed.

"Long time no see." The ghostly figure of little Myrtle flies around. "I was circling a blocked drain the other day and could swear I saw a bit of polyjuice potion. Not being a bad boy again are
you Harry?"

"Polyjuice potion! Kicked the habit. Myrtle, did you say try putting it in the water?" Myrtle flies around again and gets in the water.

"Well. That's what he did. The other boy, the handsome one. Cedric." Harry takes the egg and puts it under the water. "Well go on, open it," Myrtle says impatiently. Harry does so and goes underwater himself. He hears a voice singing.

"Come seek us where our voices sound. We cannot sing above the ground. An hour-long you'll have to look, to recover what we took." Merpeople.

"Myrtle, there aren't Merpeople in the black lake are there?"

"Ahhh, very good. Took Cedric ages to riddle it out. Almost all the bubbles were gone..." Myrtle says excitedly. Myrtle laughs and Harry is embarrassed.