Chapter 5- DH

"I'm sorry, I can't-"

"Well, frankly, I think Arthur and I have some right to know and I'm sure Mr and Mrs Granger would agree!" said Mrs Weasley. Harry had been afraid of the 'concerned parent' attack but he was even more afraid of what was to come next. "Does Elizabeth know of this task you've been given?"

"No, if she knew, she'd want to come. And Dumbledore didn't want anyone else to know. Ron and Hermione don't have to come, it's their choice-"

"I don't see that you have to go either!" Mrs Weasley snapped. "You're barely of age, any of you! It's utter nonsense, if Dumbledore needed work doing, he had the whole Order at his command! Harry, you must have misunderstood him. Probably he was telling you something he wanted and you took it to mean that he wanted you-"

"I didn't misunderstand," Harry said flatly. "It's got to be me."

On top of the stairs was Elizabeth. She stood, holding on to the bannister. "What is the task?" Elizabeth muttered to herself. When she heard footsteps above her, she walked down the stairs.

"No news on Mad-eye?" Harry asked Bill as they all sat down at the table.

"Nothing," replied Bill.

They had not been able to hold a funeral for Moody, because Remus and Bill had not been able to recover his body. It had been more difficult to know where he might've fallen, given the darkness during the battle.

The conversation turned dark very quickly. The Daily Prophet hadn't talked about Mad-eye's death, they haven't given Harry a hearing and everyone in the ministry is too scared to stand up to Scrimgeour.

"We must decide 'ow you will be disguised, 'Arry," said Fleur as Mrs Weasley magicked the empty plates to the sink and put apple crumble on fresh plates. "For 'ze wedding," she added. "Of course, none of our guests are death eaters but we cannot guarantee 'zat 'zey will not let something slip after 'zey 'ave champagne."

"Yes, good point," Mrs Weasley said from the top of the table where she sat, looking over a long list of parchment. "Ron, have you cleaned your room yet?"

"Why?" exclaimed Ron, slamming his spoon down and glaring at his mother. "Why does my room have to be cleaned? They aren't getting married in my room, are they? No! So why on the name of Merlin's saggy left-"

"Do not talk to your mother like that," said Mr Weasley firmly. "And do as you're told."

"Harry, I want you to help Arthur with the chickens and Hermione and Elizabeth can you change the seats for Monsieur and Madame Delacour, they're arriving at eleven tomorrow morning." The two girls nodded.

The next morning, Hermione and Elizabeth quickly changed the sheets on the guest bed. Hermione left rather quickly after and Elizabeth followed.

"No, Harry you listen," said Hermione, "We're coming with you. That was decided months...years ago."

"But-"

"Shut up," Ron advised him.

"Are you sure you've thought this through?" Harry persisted.

"Let's see," said Hermione, after a small bang was heard. "I've been packing for days, so we're ready to leave at a moment's notice, which for your information has included doing some pretty difficult magic, not to mention smuggling Mad-eye's whole stock of Polyjuice Potion right from under Ron's mum's nose. I've also modified my parent's memories so that they're convinced they're really called Wendall and Monica Wilkins and their life ambition is to move to Australia, which they've already done. This will make it harder for Voldemort to interrogate them about me- or you... I've told them quite a bit about you. Assuming I survive our hunt for the Horcruxes, I'll find Mum and Dad and lift the enchantment and if I don't survive, well... I hope I've put a good enough charm on them to keep them happy. Wendall and Monica don't know they have a daughter you see..." There's silence then a few sniffles.

Elizabeth scoffs quietly. How could Harry not have told her? Out of all people? She walked away from the bedroom and walked downstairs.

She was angry at them. She didn't even know if she wanted to join them but she was angry at the fact Harry was going to leave without a word, leaving everyone to worry if he was alive or not.

"Maman!" cried Fleur as Elizabeth got to the bottom step. "Papa!"

"You 'ave been working very hard Fleur tells us," the man says, kissing Mrs Weasley cheeks.

"Oh! It's nothing! No trouble at all."