Chapter 10- PS

In the hospital wing the next day, Harry is lying in bed with his arm bandaged. He awakens, puts on his glasses, and sits up. Elizabeth stays unconscious. There are cards and candy all over. Dumbledore approaches them. "Good afternoon, Harry. Ah. Tokens from your admirers?" Dumbledore speaks. Elizabeth's eyes flutter open. "Admirers?" Harry questions.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you two and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret, so, naturally, the whole school knows." Elizabeth is sat up by now. She looks over to Harry and they smile at each other. "Ah, I see your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs," Dumbeldore adds.

"Ron was here? Is he all right? What about Hermione?" Dumbledore chuckles at Harry's concern. "They're both fine," Dumbeldore reassures him.

"And the stone? What happened to it?" Elizabeth asks.

"Relax, dear girl. The stone has been destroyed. My friend Nicholas and I had a little chat and agreed it was best all around," Dumbledore explains.

"But Flamel will die!" Elizabeth begins to protest. Dumbledore sits on the edge of Harry's bed.

"He has enough Elixir to set his affairs in order. But yes, he will die," Dumbledore sadly explains.

"How is it I got the Stone, sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror, and the next..." He trails off.

"Ah. You see, only a person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas. And between you and me that's saying something."

"Does that mean, with the Stone gone, I mean, that Voldemort can never come back?" Elizabeth shakes her head.

"Ah, I'm afraid there are ways in which he can return. Harry, do you know why Professor Quirrell couldn't bear to have you touch him?" Harry shakes his head. "It was because of your mother. She sacrificed herself for you, and that kind of act leaves a mark." Harry touches his scar. "No, no, this kind of mark cannot be seen. It lives in your very skin,"

"What is it?"

"Love, Harry," Elizabeth smiles slightly. Dumbledore pats Harry's head gently and stands up. Ah. Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans. "I was most unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavoured one, and since then I have lost my liking for them. But I think I could be safe with a nice toffee..." He takes brown bean and eats it. "Mm. Alas. Earwax.," Elizabeth giggles causing Dumbledore to smile.

Harry with his arm still bandaged enters a corridor were up on a stairwell balcony, Hermione and Ron are talking. They stop when they see Harry and lean over the railing.

"All right there, Ron?" Harry asks.

"All right? You?" He shrugs.

"All right. Hermione?" Hermione smiles.

"Never better."