Chapter 26-OOTP

"STUPEFY!" Neville shouted again, pointing his wand at each Death Eater in turn. "STUPEFY! STUPE-" One of the largest Death Eaters seized Neville from behind.

"Neville!" Cried Elizabeth. Neville struggled and kicked from behind; several of the Death Eaters laughed.

"It's Longbottom isn't it?"  Sneered Lucius Malfoy. "Well, your grandmother is used to losing family members to our cause... your death will not come as a great shock."

"Longbottom?" Repeated Bellatrix. Elizabeth's hand gripped tighter onto her wand and pointed it straight at Bellatrix. "Why, I have had the pleasure of meeting your parents, boy."

"I know you have!" Roared Neville, he fought so hard against the captor's encircling grip that the Death Eater shouted, "Someone stun him!"

"No, no, no," said Bellatrix. She looked transported, alive with excitement as she glanced at Harry then back at Neville. "No, let's see how long Longbottom lasts before he cracks like his parents... unless Potter wants to give us the prophecy!" Elizabeth's heart sank.

"Don't give it to them Harry!" Neville shouted. "Don't give it to them!"

"Crucio!" Neville screamed, his legs drawn up to his chest so that the Death Eater holding him was momentarily holding him off the floor. The Death Eater dropped him and he fell to the floor, twitching and screaming in agony.

"No!" Screamed Elizabeth. Ron held her back.

"That was just a tester!" Said Bellatrix.

Then high above them, two more doors burst open and six more people sprinted into the room: Sirius, Lupin Moody, Tonks, Kingsley and Dave.

Malfoy turned and raised his wand but Tonks had already sent a stunning spell right at him. Harry did not wait to see whether it had made contact but dived off the dais out of the way. The Death Eaters were completely distracted by the appearance of the members of the Order, who were now raining spells down upon them as they jumped from step to step towards the sunken floor.

Elizabeth headed for Neville. "Are you OK?" She yelled over the noise of grunts and spells.

"Yes," he says, pulling himself up.

"Where's Ron?"

"Up there." Neville pointed up the stairs.

"I need you to go up there." She kissed his cheek and went back to distracting The Death Eaters. She ran to Harry. "Destroy the prophecy!"

"What?"

"Do it!" Harry smashed the prophecy on the ground.

"You silly girl!" Bellatrix screeched. She raised her wand. Time seemed to slow down.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" Before the spell could hit her, Dave ran in front of her. Elizabeth moved from behind him to see the shocked, yet satisfied look on Bellatrix's face. "No!" Elizabeth screamed as Dave fell back into the Veil she was once in front of. Death Eaters disapparate and Bellatrix walks off. Harry goes after her.

Elizabeth sprinted towards the veil, but Lupin was quick and held her close. "Elizabeth, there's nothing you can do!"

"Get him! He's only just gone through!" She struggled against Lupin.

"No! I hate you! I hate you!" She repeated. Lupin dragged Elizabeth away from the veil. Elizabeth's powers were set off and began to drain her. Tonks rushed over and placed her coat under Elizabeth's head.

Knowing it was safe, the others made their way out. "Elizabeth!" Neville limped towards her.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Dave's dead..." Neville's head shot up to Lupins, then back down at Elizabeth's. She was pale and weak. Sirius goes after Harry, and Tonks, Lupin, Kingsley and Moody disapparate with the others.