Chapter 9- CoS

Numerous spiders are descending from a massive hive high above towards Harry, Ron and Elizabeth. Harry glances at Aragog again. "Well... thank you. We'll just... go."

"Go?" Ron nods fearfully. "I think not." More spiders emerge from around him. "My sons and daughters do not harm Hagrid on my command. But I cannot deny them fresh meat when it wanders so willingly into our midst." Hundreds of more spiders appear from the trees. "Goodbye, a friend of Hagrid," Aragog says.

Ron glances at Harry in terror. "Can we panic now?" A big spider lands right next to the boys and Elizabeth. Ron points his wand at it in fear, while Harry swings the lantern at it, then at another spider before throwing the lantern to the ground and taking out his wand before he and Ron stand back to back as the spiders surround them. "Know any spells?" Elizabeth says holding her wand out.

"One, but it's not powerful enough for all of them," Harry says sadly.

"Where's Hermione when you need her?" Ron sighs. The spider's inch closer to the three. At the moment, the sound of a car engine is heard. They all look in the direction of the noise, to see the Ford Anglia drive into Aragog's nest, towards them; they back away towards Aragog as the car comes to a stop, then opens its doors for them.

"Let's go!" They run for the car. A pair of spiders come in for the attack. Ron whimpers as he gets in on the driver's side, closing the door on a spider's leg, but manages to pull itself free; Harry points his wand at the other spider as he reaches the passenger's door. "Arania Exumai!" A beam emits from his wand, blasting the spider away. Harry gets in the car and closes the door, one spider lands on top of the car, while another landed on the hood.

"Go!" Elizabeth urges. Ron puts the car in reverse, and it backs away as fast as it can, as they go under a tree root, the spider on the roof falls off onto its back. The car then goes flying backwards over a hill.

"Whoa!" Harry and Ron scream in unison as the car lands on the forest floor, the spider on the hood falls off; the car then comes to a stop.

Ron grips the steering wheel, then turns to face Harry. "Glad we're out of there." Suddenly, another spider climbs onto the car, and sticks its head through the window; Harry jumps as the spider goes for Ron, putting its pincers around his neck; taking his hands off the steering wheel, Ron tries to get the spider off, squirming and screaming. Elizabeth calmly reaches into her pocket and pulls out her wand, and points it at her frightened friend. Ron, his eyes and nostrils wide with terror, moves to the left, giving Elizabeth a clear shot at the spider trying to eat him.

"Arania Exumai!" A beam of white light emits from her wand, blasting the spider off Ron and away from the car.

Ron glances out the window and turning to Liz again. "Thanks for that." She nods. She puts her wand back in her pocket. "Don't mention it." She looks out the windshield as a twitching sound is heard and squints; the spiders appear at the top of the hill and begin moving towards the car; seeing the spiders, Ron whimpers. "Get us out of here. Now!" Elizabeth grips on to the leather seat. Ron puts the car in reverse. "Come on! Come on, move faster!" The three scream as Ron makes a sharp turn. "Come on, go!" Ron puts the car in drive, and steps on the gas; as they drive through the forest, the spiders pursue the car, moving almost as fast as cheetahs. "Get us in the air."

Ron pushes the gear. "The flying gear's jammed!" The spiders gather at a tree branch up ahead, intent on intercepting the Ford Anglia.

"Come on. Pull!" Harry fear rises. Elizabeth shoots spells left and right giving Ron time.

"I'm trying!" Ron panics. As they drive into the pack of spiders, knocking them aside, the car takes the air, with one spider managing to grab hold of the car before falling to the ground. Flying over the trees, the car descends and lands a few feet from Hagrid's house before coming to a complete stop in front of the house; Harry opens his car door and lets Fang out.

Ron, evidently furious that Hagrid had to put them in such danger "Follow the spiders. Follow the spiders! If Hagrid ever gets out of Azkaban, I'll kill him." The Ford Anglia backs up as Fang reenters Hagrid's house, then drives past Harry, Elizabeth and Ron, and back into the forest again. "I mean, what was the point of sending us in there? What have we found out?"

"We know one thing: Hagrid never opened the Chamber of Secrets; he was innocent," Elizabeth says calmly.