Chapter 22- GoF

Music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. The champions emerge. Remus searches the crowd for Madison but he couldn't see her anywhere.

"Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory..." The crowd cheer on hearing his name. "And Mr Potter tied for the first position they will be the first to enter followed by Mr Krum..." The Bulgarian crowd go nuts. "The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round," Dumbledore speaks.

"In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way," he says to the contestants.

"Champions! Prepare yourselves!" Mad-eye shouts. Cedric hugs his father.

"On the count of three... ONE..." The cannon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs comically. Dumbledore groans. Harry and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances. The entrance closes up behind Harry. Heavy mist sets in, the maze is many stories tall. Harry starts traversing the maze, creature noises are all around.

Cedric is walking along, the maze walls begin to close in on him. He makes a run for it. Fleur is running around scared, she is attacked and knocked down. Viktor comes along and sees she's unconscious on the ground, he walks on. Harry sees Fleur being swallowed into the undergrowth.

"Fleur? Fleur!" He's too late she's disappeared. He sends up a red spark into the air. A heavy wind starts blowing, walls are closing in, Harry runs. Harry sees something shining in the distance and he moves towards it Viktor tries to zap him but misses.

"Get down!" Cedric yells.

Harry ducks and Viktor gets zapped by Cedric. Cedric runs up and kicks the wand out of Viktor's hand. He points his wand at Viktor's body as if to finish him off, Harry runs up and intervenes.

"No stop! He's bewitched Cedric," Harry shouts. They struggle.

"Get off me!" Cedric yells to Harry who holds him back.

"He's bewitched."

The two of them begin running towards the cup. The undergrowth grabs Cedric and he falls to the ground. Harry looks back. Cedric is pinned down with no means of escape.

"Harry! Harry!" After a lot of hesitation, Harry zaps the plant life and Cedric wriggles free. Harry helps him up.

"You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me."

"For a moment so did I."

"Some game huh?"

"Some game," Harry repeats. The wind starts blowing again.

"Go. Take it, you saved me!" Cedric yells over the wind.

"Together, on three. One, two, three!"