Chapter 24- GoF

Back at the arena Harry and Elizabeth appear with Cedric's body

Back at the arena Harry and Elizabeth appear with Cedric's body. The crowd don't understand what has taken place and they all cheer, triumphant music starts to play. Harry weeps on Cedric's body. Elizabeth stands looking at Cedric's body.

"Harry! Elizabeth!" Dumbledore shouts over the music. Dumbledore tries to prize Harry from Cedric's body. "Tell me what happened!"

"He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there," Elizabeth says void of any emotion.

"It's alright Harry, Elizabeth. It's alright, he's home, you all are," Dumbledore speaks softly.

"Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people," Fudge says walking up to the small crowd.

"Let me through! That's my son! My boy!" Amos says in tears. Amos breaks down wailing. The crowd look on distraught.

"Elizabeth!" Remus shouts. He runs up to her and hugs her.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Remus asks

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Remus asks. Elizabeth swallows and nods. She shows him her arm, he sighs sadly.

"She crucioed me," she whispers.

"Who did? Elizabeth... Who did?" Remus asks desperately.

"Bellatrix."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mad-Eye Moody enters and closes the door behind him. Harry is in the room still sobbing. They sit.

"Are you alright Potter?" Harry nods. "How's you Potter 2?" He asks.

"Alright, traumatised though."

"Does it hurt?" Asks Mad-eye

"Not so much now." Harry shrugs.

"I'd better take a look at it," he looks at Harry's arm, it has a skull and snake marking.

"The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it,"

"What was it like? What was he like?" Mad-eye asks.

"Who?" Harry asks suspiciously.

"The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?"

"I dunno. It was like I'd fallen into one of my dreams. One of my nightmares," Harry says staring into the fireplace. Mad-Eye starts shaking and struggling for air, he reaches for his bottle but it's empty. He rushes to a chest with other bottles and struggles to find one.

"Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?"

"Um. I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor," Harry says sceptically.

"Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gilliweed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh??"

"It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched
Krum. But..." Harry says backing up behind a chest. Mad-Eye makes sobbing noises making fun of Harry.

"You won because I made it so Potter. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord. Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter." Mad-eye taunts. A flash of magic occurs and Mad-Eye is knocked into the wall. Dumbledore and Severus come rushing in. Dumbledore takes Mad-Eye
by the neck. McGonagall points her wand at Mad-eye.

"Severus..." Severus administers some Veritaserum. Mad-Eye wriggles demonically. "Do you know who I am?" Dumbledore asks.

"Albus Dumbledore."

"Are you Alastor Moody?" Mad-eye didn't answer. "Are ya?" Dumbledore asks angrily.

"No."

"Is he in this room? Is he in this room?" Mad-eye nods and he looks at the chest.

"Harry get away from there!" Harry moves out of the way. Dumbledore approaches the chest. The chest opens, it contains a series of smaller chests. When the final chest is open we see that there's a pit within holding a man the real Alastor Moody.

"Are you alright Alastor?" Dumbledore asks kindly.

"I'm sorry Albus."

"That's Moody, but then who's...?" Dumbledore holds up one of Mad-Eye's Bottles.

"Polyjuice potion."

"Now we know who's been stealing it from your store Severus," Dumbledore says. Dumbledore looks into the pit. "We'll get you up in a minute." Alastor Moody groans. The Mad-Eye Moody they have captive in a chair begins to twitch about restlessly making strange noises. He appears to be transforming. He rips off his fake eyepiece which falls on the floor, we see that he's transformed into Barty Crouch Junior.

"Barty Crouch Junior."

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours," Barty says. Barty Jr rolls up his sleeve to reveal a skull and snake marking.

"Show your arm Harry," Dumbledore says. Harry holds out his arm.

"You know what this means, don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned."

"Send an owl to Azkaban, think they'll find they're missing a prisoner," Dumbledore says to Severus.

"I'll be welcomed back like a hero," Barty spits out.

"Perhaps. Personally, I've never had much time for heroes," Dumbledore says.