Chapter 4- CoS

In the great hall, the teachers and students were sitting having breakfast. When suddenly an owl came and dropped a red envelope in front of Ron. Ron points at the red envelope. It looks quite ordinary to Harry, but Ron and Neville both look at it as though they expected it to explode. "Look! Ron's got a Howler!" Seamus shouts. Heads turn toward Ron who blushes with embarrassment. "You'd better open it Ron!" Neville says shuddering at the thought of the screams it holds inside. Ron opens the letter and waits a couple of seconds before it raises above the table.

"Ronald Wealsley! How dare you steal that car! I am absolutely disgusted. You father's now facing an inquariy at work and it's all you fault!" Some Slytherins snicker. The howler then turns to Ginny. "Oh Ginny, congratulations for making it into Gryffindor. Your father and I are so proud," Ginny shifts umcomftably. 

----------------------------------------------------------

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher: me, Gilderoy Lockhart." Some girls sigh dreamily. Elizabeth scoffs.

"Some fraud if you ask me," Elizabeth whispers to Ron who was sitting next to her. He nods in agreement.

"Now, today we will do a test on your knowledge," Lockhart says handing out papers. Liz eyes him and looks at the paper. Why is Gilderoy Lockhart's favourite colour? Elizabeth looks up. "Is this test about our knowledge of this class or you?" She asks in a curious but dangerous manner.

"Me, of course," Lockhart smiles sweetly. Elizabeth looks at the paper then at him. She grabs the paper and rips it in two. She grabs her bag and walks out. I'll teach my self if I have to. She thought.

Harry walks down the corridor wearing his Quidditch outfit, accompanied by the rest of the team: Oliver Wood, Fred, George, Angelina Johnson, Alicia Spinnet, Katie Bell.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program. We are going to train earlier, harder, and longer," Oliver says. He glances to his left, the rest of the team follow his gaze. "What...? I don't believe it." He steps out into the courtyard, they come across the Slytherin Quidditch team, also dressed for Quidditch, as Ron and Hermione are sitting nearby; Oliver directs his attention to the team's captain, Marcus Flint. "Where do you think you're going, Flint?"

"Quidditch practise," Flint says smirking.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today," Oliver says defensively.

"Easy, Wood. I've got a note." He holds out a rolled-up scroll; Wood takes it and opens it.

"Uh-oh. I smell trouble," Ron says to Hermione. He and Hermione get up and walk towards the two teams. Oliver reads the parchment. "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker." Oliver looks up from the parchment "You've got a new Seeker, who?" Marcus steps aside, and Draco steps out towards the Gryffindor team members

Harry who is amazed that his nemesis is now a member of the Slytherin Quidditch team. "Malfoy?"

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year," he puts his broom at his side; Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team examine the brooms Draco and the rest of the Slytherin team are holding.

"Those are Nimbus 2001s. How did you get those?" Ron asks.

"A gift from Draco's father," Flint says snarkily.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best," Draco spits.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in. They got in on pure talent," Elizabeth says walking up to the group. Draco glares at her in annoyance as he takes a few steps and stops only at arm's length in front of her.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little half-blood." Elizabeth glares at him with a mixture of hate and hurt as Draco sneers.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy!" Harry says. Ron takes out his broken wand and shouts, "Eat slugs!" Unfortunately, Ron's spell backfires, blasting him off backwards and onto the ground. Harry, Hermione and Elizabeth rush to his side.

"You okay, Ron? Say something!" Ron opens his mouth to say something but he spits out a slug. Elizabeth gags in disgust. Harry and Hermione help Ron to his feet. "Let's take him to Hagrid," Harry says. Hermione nods. Ron vomits another slug.

"He'll know what to do," Elizabeth says walking in front of them. The four rush off to Hagrid's while the Slytherins laugh at them.