Chapter 5- CoS

"Blood. I smell blood. Let me rip you... Let me kill you. Kill... kill... kill!" an ominous voice whispers. Hermione and Ron appear.

"Harry..." Hermione says.

"Do you hear that?" Harry asks, looking around frantically.

"Hear what?" Ron asks hesitantly.

"That voice..." Harry replies.

"What voice Harry?" Hermione asks worriedly.

"I heard it first in Lockhart's office, and then, again, just--" He hears the voice once more.

"It's time," the unknown voice speaks. Harry tenses.

"It's moving. I think it's going to kill." He speeds off in the direction of the voice.

"Kill?" Ron asks following Harry.

Harry stops in the middle of the corridor, he looks down and sees that the floor is wet. He turns right. Ron and Hermione run to catch up with him; they stop abruptly as they see numerous spiders scurrying away through a crack in the window. "Spiders, never seen spiders act that way before," Harry says quietly.

"I don't like spiders," Ron whimpers. "What's that?" He adds glancing at a puddle on the floor reflecting a wall. They look up at the wall to see foreboding words written in blood.

"The Chamber of Secrets has opened. Enemies of the heir beware," Hermione reads. "It's written in blood!" Elizabeth runs up to them. She gasps. What have I done? She asks herself. Harry looks to his left where he sees Percy and Gryffindor students running up to them. "Oh no," Harry breathes.

"Forget that," Elizabeth says. Hermione follows her gaze. She lets out a squeal of fear. Mrs Norris, Mr Filch's cat hangs by her tail on a torch holder. Madame Pomfrey expresses horror and shock; Colin gets his camera ready, but Percy stops him.

"Enemies of the Heir beware?" Draco reads. He glances at the four. "You'll be next Mudblood," he glares at Hermione. Liz feels something rush through her veins. She takes deep breaths. "Liz, are you okay?" Harry asks. She nods. "Yeah, just blood isn't my cup of tea,"

"What's going on here?" Mr Filch pushes students out of the ways. limping forward. "Go on, make way, make way." He glances at Harry. "Potter... what are you...?" He looks at the wall. His eyes lie on Mrs Norris. "You...killed...my...cat." Crabbe and Draco grin as Filch walks up to Harry grabbing him by this collar.

"I'll kill you,"

"Argus?" Dumbledore asks. Filch puts Harry down and Elizabeth pulls him back. Dumbledore notices the wall. "Everyone except-" Harry, Ron, Hermione and Elizabeth stop. "You four." They turn to face him.

"She's not dead, Argus. Simply petrified," Dumbledore states calmly. Filch's trembling calms slightly. Relived that his close companion isn't dead.

"Ah. Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her," Liz rolls her eyes. Dumbledore smiles and nods.

"But how she has been petrified I cannot say,"

"Ask him! He's the one who did it!" Argus points.

"It's not true, sir. I swear. I never touched Mrs Norris," Harry tries to reason. Filch scoffs.

"Rubbish," he mutters.

"If I might, headmaster. Perhaps the Potters and their friends were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. However, the circumstances are suspicious. I for one don't recall seeing Mr Potter at dinner," Severus cuts in.

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus. You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail," Lockhart explains. Elizabeth looks at Harry questionably.

"That's why Ron and I went looking for him, Professor. We just found him when he said..." She looks at Harry.

"Yes, Ms Granger?" Severus asks urging her to go on.

"When I said I wasn't hungry. We were heading back to the common room when we saw Mrs Norris," Harry lies. Snape turns to Dumbledore.

"Innocent till proven guilty, Severus," Dumbledore says. Severus turns and smiles slightly at Elizabeth who returns the gesture. She made a mental note to thank him later.

"My cat has been petrified. I want to see some punishment!" Mr Filch butts in angrily.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madame Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrakes. When matured, a potion will be made, which will revive Mrs Norris. And in the meantime, I strongly recommend caution... to all," Albus replies. They all nod.