Chapter 12- GoF

An owl flies in with a letter for Harry, he takes it and begins to read. "Harry. I couldn't risk sending Edward. It was since the world cup and the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and she's too easily recognised. We need to talk, Harry. Face to face. Meet me in the Gryffindor common room at one o clock this Saturday night and make sure you bring Elizabeth. P.S..." The owl nips Harry's finger.

"AGH!"

"The bird bites."

"Sirius?" Elizabeth asks. Harry picks up a newspaper, the headline reads "THE CHAMPIONS
ARE SELECTED" and reads. Elizabeth reads with him. "Harry Potter aged 12, suspect
entrant in the tri-wizard tournament. His eyes swimming with the ghosts of his..." Her voice becomes desperate as he crumples up the newspaper and puts it on the fire. The fire flares up a little, a face appears in it.

"Sirius?! How..." Harry begins.

"I don't have much time Harry so let me get straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name into the goblet of fire?" Sirius asks.

"No!" He says loudly. Elizabeth shushes him.

"I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, but who was the third man in the room?"

"I dunno."

"You didn't hear a name?"

"No. Umm... Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important," he says.

"What was that?" Sirius asks.

"He wanted... me. I dunno why, but he was gonna use this man to get to me. I mean it was only a dream right?" Harry panics.

"Yes. It's just a dream," Sirius tried to reassure Harry but Elizabeth noticed to hesitation in his voice. Look Harry, the death eaters at the world cup, your name rising from that goblet these are
not just coincidences. Hogwarts isn't safe any more," he adds quickly.

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying the devils are inside the walls. Igor Karkaroff, he was a death eater-" Sirius starts.

"And no one, no one stops being a death eater," Elizabeth cuts in.

Then there's Barty Crouch, the heart of stone sent his OWN son to Azkaban," Sirius continues.

"Do you think one of them put my name in the goblet?"

"I haven't a clue who put your name in that goblet Harry but whoever did it is no friend to you. People die in this tournament."

"I'm not ready for this Sirius."

"You don't have a choice," Sirius replies sadly.

"I'll be with you every step of the way, so will Remus and Sirius will probably write to you after every task," Elizabeth reassures him.

"Someone's coming!" Harry whispers loudly.

"Keep your friends close Harry, Elizabeth." Ron enters the room.

"Who you talking to?" Ron says obviously not noticing Elizabeth who is now on the sofa. "I heard voices."

"He was talking to me, Ron," Elizabeth says.

"You're probably just practising for your next interview I expect." Ron leaves. Harry goes to the fire again but Sirius is gone. The newspaper in the fire has the headline "TEENAGE TRAGEDY".