Chapter 9- PS

Hermione, Elizabeth, Harry, and Ron are meeting in the common room. "So you-know-who is out there, in the forest?" Elizabeth asks Harry who was staring into the fire. They had just gotten back from their detention. "But he's weak. He's living off the unicorns. Don't you see? We had it wrong! Snape doesn't want the Stone for himself; he wants the Stone for Voldemort. With the Elixir of Life, Voldemort will be strong again. He'll... he'll come back," Harry says distantly.

"And I don't doubt it!" Elizabeth exclaims.

"But, if he comes back, you don't think he'll try to... kill you, do you?" Ron asks hesitantly.

" I think if he'd had the chance, he might've tried to kill me tonight," Harry says. Elizabeth nods in agreement.

"He will when he's stronger," Elizabeth replies. Ron gulps.

"And to think I've been worrying about my Potions final," Liz giggles.

"Hang on a minute," Hermione thinks. "Who is that one Wizard Voldemort is afraid of?" Hermione asks.

"Dumbledore," Elizabeth realises what Hermione is getting at. "So as long as Dumbledore is around, he wouldn't dare to hurt you," Elizabeth says. Hermione nods in agreement. Hermione gives him a reassuring smile. Harry nods.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harry and Elizabeth walk down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, Harry winces, feeling his scar burning. "Are you okay, Harry?"

"My scar is burning," He says holding his forehead. Elizabeth takes a deep breath. Harry sees Professor Quirrel standing in front of the Mirror.

"You?" Harry questions. Quirrell turns to face him. "No. I-it can't be. Snape, h-he was the one—-"

"Yes. He does seem the type, doesn't he? Next to him, who would suspect p-p-p-poor st-stuttering Professor Quirrell?" Elizabeth stands next to Harry.

"Ahh, Elizabeth Potter. A powerful witch. Join me," Quirrel says. Elizabeth narrows her eyes.

"Never," Elizabeth breathes.

"But-but that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me," Harry mentions. Quirrel smiles evilly.

"No, dear boy. I tried to kill you." Harry eyes him in disbelief and confusion. "And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little countercurse," Quirrel spits out.

"Snape was trying to save me?" Elizabeth nods.

"I knew you were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween,"

"Then-then you let the troll in." Elizabeth sighs at his slowness.

"Very good, Potter, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn't fooled, neither was Elizabeth apparently. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again," he turns towards the mirror again; Harry winces as his scar burns again. "He rarely left me alone. But he doesn't understand. I'm never alone, never."He stares into the mirror] "Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?" Quirrell mumbles to himself.

"Use the girl," Harry looks around, wondering where the voice is coming from.

He turns to Elizabeth. "Come here, Potter. Now!" Elizabeth slowly walks down the stairs, towards Quirrell and the mirror. "Tell me... what do you see?" Elizabeth looks into the mirror, and for a few seconds, sees him standing next to Quirrell, then she sees her parents. Elizabeth smiles. "What is it? What do you see?" Elizabeth looks at Quirrell, then back at the mirror. "I see my parents,"

"She tells the truth, try the boy," Harry walks up as Elizabeth steps away. His reflection reaches for his pocket, shows the stone then smiles and winks. He puts the stone in the pocket. That's when Harry realises the stone is now in his pocket. "What do you see, boy?"

"I'm shaking hands with Dumbledore. I've won the house cup,"

"He lies," The unseen voice croaks. Quirrell becomes angry. "Tell the truth! What do you see?!"

"Let me speak to him," the inhuman voice speaks. Quirrell backs away from Harry. Quirrell and the voice have a hushed conversation.

Quirrell reaches up and starts unwrapping his turban as he turns so his back is to the mirror. Harry turns toward the staircase into the room, wondering whether he should try to escape, then turns towards Quirrell again. He is almost finished unwrapping his turban, save for a piece covering the back of his head. Finally, he removes the turban, revealing a scary-looking chalk-white face, Voldemort. He cranes around and opens his eyes,"

"Harry Potter, Elizabeth Potter, we meet again," the revealed voice speaks. Elizabeth realises who it is. "Voldemort,"

"Yes. Do you see what I've become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket," Voldemort tells. Harry, realising Voldemort is referring to the Philosopher's Stone, he turns and runs back up the stairs dragging Elizabeth with him.

"Stop him!" Quirrell snaps his fingers, instantly causing firewalls to block all the exits, trapping Harry and his twin in the room. "Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?!" Harry shakes his head.

"Never!"

"Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Potters, would you like to see your mother and father again? Together, we can bring them back," Voldemort tries to persuade them. In the mirror, Harry's parents appear in the reflection. "All I ask for is something in return." Harry takes the Stone from his pocket. "That's it, Harry. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" James and Lily Potter fade from the reflection

"You liar!" Elizabeth shouts feeling the same rush of energy she did with the troll.

"Kill him!"

"No!" Elizabeth shouts.

Under orders, Quirrell soars into the air and grabs hold of Harry with one hand on his throat. They fall to the steps, causing the Stone falls out of Harry's reach as Quirrell chokes him. Harry strains and squeaks. Suddenly, Harry puts his hand on Quirrell's hand in an attempt to get him off. Smoke furls from under his hand as Quirrell winces. Elizabeth reaches for the stone only to be blown back into the wall.

"Harry," Elizabeth says but it comes out as a whisper.

"Ahh! Ahh!" He backs up away from Harry. His hand is crumbling into ash and dust. "What is this magic?" His hand disintegrates.

"Fool! Get the stone!" Voldemort orders. Quirrell walks forward towards Harry, who then touches his face with his hands, causing Quirrell to scream in pain, and especially Voldemort to wince. Harry looks on horrified as Quirrell backs up with his face horrendously burned. Quirrell crumbles as he walks forward, turning his body completely in ash and dust, and falls to the floor, leaving only his clothing. Harry gasps, as he looks at his own hands and hurries over to the stone. He picks it up and sighs. However, from behind, dust clouds form from Quirrell's corpse, causing Harry to turn around as the dust clouds with Voldemort's face rushes forward screaming and goes through Harry who also screams. Voldemort flies away, as Harry falls to the ground, unconscious. He holds the Stone in an outstretched hand. Elizabeth whispers, "Help," she slips out of consciousness.