Chapter 8- GoF

"Sit down, please

"Sit down, please. And now for the moment, you've all been waiting for. the selection of champions!" Dumbledore approaches the blue flame and it glows red. A name comes out. Everyone looks anxious.

"The Durmstrang champion is... Viktor Krum!" The Drumstrang crowd cheer. Another name comes out.

"The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour!" The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up and shakes hands with Dumbledore.

"The Hogwarts Champion is Cedric Diggory!" The Hogwarts students cheer as Cedric takes the stage.

"Excellent! We now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions this vessel of Victory the Tri-wizard cup!" People cheer but the goblet glows red once more, another name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads... "Harry Potter? HARRY POTTER?!"

Lupin's head adverts eyes from a worried Elizabeth to a confused Harry. Hagrid shakes his head.

"Harry Potter!" Dumbledore calls out again.

"Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake!" Hermione pushes him. Harry slowly walks up. Dumbledore gives him the paper. Voices in the crowd shout out.

"He's a cheat! He's not even 17!!" Elizabeth stands up and looks at Lupin as she feels anger rush through her. Lupin stands up and Elizabeth walks outside the Hall with Lupin short on her trail. As Lupin stood up he drew the loud hall into complete silence as they followed their moves. Harry looks at Dumbledore and he nods. Signalling for Harry to follow.

He walks outside to see Elizabeth in Remus's arms as he rubs her back comfortingly. Elizabeth's power grew stronger every day but it didn't worry anyone that much because Remus would always be there to calm her down.

--

Harry is in a room with the other champions. Dumbledore bursts in and grabs Harry.

"Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?" He asks calmly.

"No sir."

"Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?"

"No sir."

"You're absolutely sure?"

"Yes sir."

"Well, of course, he's lying!" Madame Maxine exclaims.

"The hell he is. The goblet of fire is an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way beyond the talents of a fourth year," Mad-eye says.

"You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-eye," Igor says.

"It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Kararoff perhaps you remember?" Mad-eye taunts.

"This doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to you Barty," Dumbledore backs down.

"The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter has so choice, he is as of tonight... A tri-wizard champion!"