Chapter 8- CoS

Snape pulls Draco to his feet and pushes him forward. "I said disarm only!" Lockhart loudly says as Draco pulls out his wand.

"Serpensortia!" He swishes his wand and fires a cobra out of it which then slithers along the playing field. Harry lowers his wand.

Snape walks past Draco towards the snake. "Don't move, Potter. I'll get rid of it for you,"

"Allow me, Professor Snape," Lockhart protests. Snape stops in his tracks. "Alarte ascendare!" The snake jettisons high into the air, then falls back down, raises its head and turns toward Harry with a hiss.

"Sya- hassa- she. (Leave them alone.)" The snake turns toward Justin Finch-Fletcher and hisses. "Sya- hasi- heth. (Leave him alone.)" Snape watches suspiciously. "Sya- hasi- heth." The snake turns toward Harry again. Elizabeth watches carefully.

"Sya-hassa-heth," she hisses at the snake. The snake stops in is tracks looking at Elizabeth.

"Vipera. Evanesca," Snape says. He waves his wand, emitting a blast at the snake, causing it to burst into flame and disappear. A murmur runs through the audience.

"What are you playing at?!" Justin screamed.

"He was telling the snake to leave you alone, dunderhead," Elizabeth says.

"Parseltongue," Hermione whispers.

"Sorry?" Harry asks.

"That's what you both were speaking. It's very rare," Ron says.